Which is better: Linksys WRT-160N or Netgear WNR1000?

bucaro15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I am wondering which one is best because I have both at my place and I'm not sure which one is better. the netgear says "RangeMax 150 wirless router WNR1000" Thanks!

Solution
Another point, they are both single band 2.4Ghz routers. If you want the better Linksys, you can dish out about $120 for a 610 N which is dual band (2.4 and 5Ghz) for better compatibility and interoperability no matter which adapters you have in your computer(s). If you don't want to spend the money, go with the 160

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Another point, they are both single band 2.4Ghz routers. If you want the better Linksys, you can dish out about $120 for a 610 N which is dual band (2.4 and 5Ghz) for better compatibility and interoperability no matter which adapters you have in your computer(s). If you don't want to spend the money, go with the 160

Solution

scottiemedic

Distinguished
How did the Linksys work out for you? I'm guessing (hoping) you went with it? I have a Belkin N, unfortunately, that I'm looking to replace with a 160N myself since all my adapters are single band, I have no need for the dual band...

TRENDING THREADS