Add new boot drive to boot menu

matt

Hi All,
I added a new disk drive(WinXP) to my triple boot
system(Win2K,WinXP Pro and Win98se). I would like to be
able to boot to either one of these but how do I add my
WinXP drive so that it shows up on my boot drive select
screen? Which file do I edit to have it show?
The drive with WinXP was done seperately so that is why it
does not show up on the boot select screen.
Thank you,
Matt

Edit the boot.ini file (hidden system) in the root of the old HDD. Pay
attention to rdisk() parameter. It should look like

[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Win XP Pro" /fastdetect
/NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="New Win XP Pro" /fastdetect
/NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Win 2000" /fastdetect

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022
HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP