RAID 0 doesn;t appear to be synch'ed

bigliam1970

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Hello Peeps,

So here's my problem; I have two identical 500Gb Seagate Barracuda's set up with RAID 0.

The other day, my WIndows 7 installation BSOD'd me and my RAID array was destroyed (one of the disks got corrupted and I had to whip it out and recover it).

Fortunately, I was fully backed up so simply connected the drive again, rebuilt the 0 array and restored my OS.

When I booted the oS for the first time after recovery, My C: drive rports that ot is 1Tb in size; I am sure that a RAID 0 setup combines the two drives for Strioing purposes and that it was 500Gb before.

Has the RAID 0 configuration not worked properly despite it reporting that everything is OK in the RAID BIOS?

I am a little puzzled.

Please help!

Liam

Did you do any testing on the HD to verify if it was going bad or not? It sounds like you may have a HD that is dieing. This is very common with SATA drives as I have 5/8 of my SATA drives fail within the first 6 months.

bigliam1970

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks for your replies guys.. i can see whats happened here; i was obviously mistaken about the drives combined capacity..

Problem solved.. thanks