infamousjax

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
Ordered a brand new 890gpa-ud3h rev 2 from tigerdirect

it doesn't turn on...

PSU works outside of case when i short out the wires just fine, powers fans, etc...

but when i connect 24 pin connector it doesn't even turn on, no fan action or anything..

am i doing something wrong?
is the motherboard busted? It can't be the psu because it will power 2 case fans outside of the case with the wires shorted.

Help!

Solution
actually a bad psu can still provide enough juice to power fans. now if the psu will power another computer and/or came from and existing one then i'd probably assume motherboard , you can try breadboarding (or my personal favorite term "top-o pizzaboxxing") the thing and just see if thepsu mobo cpu and ram laid out and not in case with connections good and snug will fire up or not

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
actually a bad psu can still provide enough juice to power fans. now if the psu will power another computer and/or came from and existing one then i'd probably assume motherboard , you can try breadboarding (or my personal favorite term "top-o pizzaboxxing") the thing and just see if thepsu mobo cpu and ram laid out and not in case with connections good and snug will fire up or not

Solution

spud96uk

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hi you say nothing works whe you connect the 24 pin power plug.... I know this sounds a silly question but have you connected the 4 pin ATX power connector? most boards have this and I know a lot of people have called me in to a fualty board just to find the ATX has not been connected.... Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS