Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Water block for Asus DCIIT GTX 670?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 30, 2012 10:26:06 PM

I was looking around the web for an Asus DC2T GTX 670 water block, and failed. I'm guessing I'd have to use a universal gpu water block. Is the Alphacool HF 14 compatible? Can anyone recommend a water block?

One more question is the XSPC 750 12v pump/res strong enough for a dual loop CPU and 1 Gpu?

I've got the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 wcing kit, thanks.
a b K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 11:26:56 AM

Roxas2030 said:
I was looking around the web for an Asus DC2T GTX 670 water block, and failed. I'm guessing I'd have to use a universal gpu water block. Is the Alphacool HF 14 compatible? Can anyone recommend a water block?

One more question is the XSPC 750 12v pump/res strong enough for a dual loop CPU and 1 Gpu?

I've got the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 wcing kit, thanks.

Here is the full over waterblock for the ASUS DC2
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 12:46:24 PM

Is that the dual or tripleslot shroud?
One idea you may want to consider is this,
Mad DCII Mod
I used EK VGA Hf supreme copper blocks, I avoid EK Nickel due to the plating issues they had
the 750L pump will support two blocks yes, but the Rs 240 is a little weak for your plans, I'd add another rad to cover the Tdp of the Cpu and card, and if you're overclocking I'd suggest a 360 as well as the one you already have
@Jack, that list the 680 cover, are you sure that will fit the 670 as well? Pcb revisions etc may differ
Moto
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2012 6:39:41 PM

ive been lookin around the web and ive seen a lot of people saying PCB for 670 is same as 680 so 680 waterblocks will fit.

i dont have a card tho so i cant say for sure whether or not its true
m
l
July 10, 2012 2:13:05 AM

The 670 DC2T does not have a 680 reference PCB. I made the mistake of not taking apart the card and matching the PCB layout to that of a 680 online before purchasing my waterblock. Now I've got a killer 680 waterblock ... with no card to fit it. Pretty sure when Asus says they make a completely custom PCB layout, they mean it. Sorry for the bad news.
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
July 10, 2012 12:16:24 PM

jacknhut said:
Here is the full over waterblock for the ASUS DC2
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

This might work, but again the PCBs would need to be confirmed. It won't work if the PCBs are different.

Quote:
ive been lookin around the web and ive seen a lot of people saying PCB for 670 is same as 680 so 680 waterblocks will fit.

i dont have a card tho so i cant say for sure whether or not its true

Unless they're talking about some of the aftermarket models, that's completely false. The true 670 reference PCB is extremely short - mine is basically the size of a sound card, which is actually really nice since it freed up some room in my case.

@OP - universal blocks aren't as bad as everyone makes them sound. Sure they don't look as good as full cover blocks, but they have their own set of advantages (and still cool very well). If you upgrade a lot, universals are definitely helpful in that regard.
a c 330 K Overclocking
July 10, 2012 1:50:15 PM

Quote:
@OP - universal blocks aren't as bad as everyone makes them sound. Sure they don't look as good as full cover blocks, but they have their own set of advantages (and still cool very well). If you upgrade a lot, universals are definitely helpful in that regard.

I second this as well.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 10, 2012 3:58:32 PM

**@OP - universal blocks aren't as bad as everyone makes them sound. Sure they don't look as good as full cover blocks, but they have their own set of advantages (and still cool very well). If you upgrade a lot, universals are definitely helpful in that regard**

Thirdified :) 
Moto
m
l
July 12, 2012 3:37:15 PM

Best answer selected by roxas2030.
m
l
!