thinkpad r31 display

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 13, 2004 5:10:58 PM

First of all, this is a fantastic site.
Like this subject says I have a thinkpad r31 with xp pro, recently my
display will not work. I have tried it with the battery in and out.
The power light comes on I can hear the fan and the hard drive start
to work but the screen is blank no splash screen just plain black. I
also connected an external monitor and that shows blank as well. The
external monitor is working on another machine with no problems. My
question to someone that knows or has experienced this before is it
the MB or the led invertor causing this problem? If it is the led
convertor than I can fix it if it is the MB then it's time for a new
machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

flyt42

==============

More about : thinkpad r31 display

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 14, 2004 4:49:20 PM

flyt42 <flyt42@YAHOO-dot-COM.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
> First of all, this is a fantastic site.
> Like this subject says I have a thinkpad r31 with xp pro, recently my
> display will not work. I have tried it with the battery in and out.
> The power light comes on I can hear the fan and the hard drive start
> to work but the screen is blank no splash screen just plain black. I
> also connected an external monitor and that shows blank as well. The
> external monitor is working on another machine with no problems. My
> question to someone that knows or has experienced this before is it
> the MB or the led invertor causing this problem? If it is the led
> convertor than I can fix it if it is the MB then it's time for a new
> machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Change the CMOS (RTC) battery.

--
Regards,

James

a b D Laptop
July 15, 2004 7:09:04 PM

Changed the cmos battery and still the same issue.

thanks anyways, Anymore suggestions?

thanks,

flyt42

==============
a b D Laptop
July 29, 2004 7:07:07 PM

flyt42 <flyt42@YAHOO-dot-COM.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
> Changed the cmos battery and still the same issue.
>
> thanks anyways, Anymore suggestions?

When you had the external display connected, did you correctly select it
with Fn + F7?

Have you tried shining a light source on the laptop's display to see if
there's _anything" showing when the machine is booted?

Have you gone into EZSetup and tried to test the display?

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1M...

--
Regards,

James