Monitor powers off from my card

civictiger

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Hey guys

I got a problem here that has been bugging me for MONTHS!

Battlefield 2 (a game that me and my mates play, just for fun regularly) has had problems for a few months now.
It used to work fine.. and then it didnt. Strange eh?

Basically, what happens is I load up the game, my monitor blinks a couple of times in different shades of black.. and then it stays a dark colour.. and then it blinks again in the true black colour (as when the monitor is turned off) and I get a message on screen which says 'no signal'.
The game is still running as I can hear the 'EA Games' start up sound in the background and then it goes to the battlefield 2 start-up screen but I cant physically see it.
my PC still has power. I can alt-tab out, but I cant see anything so thats useless - however, once I do alt-tab out, the PC crashes regardless.

Is there any help you guys can give?
I did upgrade my RAM a month before this happened, from 1gb to 2gb but that isnt the issue as far as im aware as I took the RAM out and it still gives me the same problem.

civictiger

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
okay, my system (basic) is

Windows XP Home SP3
Intel Pentium 4 2.99Ghz HT
2.00GB RAM
ATI radeon HD2600 XT - AGP

Also, I may not that every other game works fine (as far as CS, HL2, SWG, e.t.c) its just BF2 that seems to mess up.. and I really have no idea why.
My PCU powers either 250 or 450w, im unsure of the exact setting as both are listen on the side. and I have the switch set to H - High, which im guessing is the 450w output?
There is a A and a L option too, but i've always used H or A.

civictiger

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I should also add that it seems like the card doesnt sit correctly in the slot.. it can be moved slightly, but its weird cus it renders everything except BF2 even when its appeared to be loose. :\