Help with Multimedia Audio Controller

Chala

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I have a yellow question mark in my device manager under other devices at Multimedia Audio Controller. I have a Sound Blaster Live Audio Card. (Sound Blaster Audigy) When I go to the creative site and download the latest drivers it won't let me install saying set cannot detect hardware. But the hardware is clearly installed in my control panel when I go to the Sounds icon I can see it. I originally had two question marks I now have one but need help in removing it. My sound works by the way!

I am running Windows XP Professional

Solution
So you are saying the audigy is installed or it isnt since you do have sound makes me beleive it is installed. Do you have onboard sound on your motherboard sounds like it could be conflicting. If you do have onboard sound restart your PC go into the bios and disable onboard sound.
So you are saying the audigy is installed or it isnt since you do have sound makes me beleive it is installed. Do you have onboard sound on your motherboard sounds like it could be conflicting. If you do have onboard sound restart your PC go into the bios and disable onboard sound.

Solution

Chala

Distinguished
May 13, 2009

I love this site, thanks SAAIELLO that solved my problem!