How does this set up Look?

Airiccampbell

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Ok so here I go i figured i'd see what everyone thinks about this build. This is my very first build ever and im looking to make a high end PC for gaming. I am coming from console gaming, haha im just tired of it!!

EVGA x58 SLI ATX 1600Mhz mobo
Intel i7-920 cpu
2x 896MB BFG GTX 275oc sli
Corsair 850w PSU
3x 2GB ddr3 1600Mhz Corsair Dominator DIMM
Thermaltake Spin-q cpu cooler
Antec 902 case w/ 2 extra 120mm fans
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
22X8X16X32 LG DVD+/-RW IDE LIGHTSCRIBE Optical Drive
Western Digital - Caviar GP 500GB Internal Hard Drive

Any criticism or suggestions would be helpful as this is my first build and im not completely sure about everything!!
Also i will have this Hooked up to a 52" Sony XBR 9

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

As the others stated Nvidia is out of the question for the time being.

Dominators are a rip-off. G.Skill Trident/Ripjaws, Kingston Hyper-X... Hell Kingston Value 1033. Doesn't really matter according to most reviews. The only place you'd notice a difference is in an artificial environment (benchmark). I guess if your wallet is large enough to extend your e-peen then go for it.

Yeah... Thermaltake is well... trash. Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme (TRUE) is the way to go, you'll pay a premium for it but there's nothing out there that beats it and only one or 2 that compete at all.

Ditch the WD drive, pick up a Samsung Spinpoint F3.

And why, oh God why would you use a CE LCD as your monitor? From the sounds of it you want a gaming rig. The max resolution that Sony is going to support is 1920x1080 in a 16x9 format on a 52" screen. My god the pixels would be massive. There's no amount of AA that's going to give you a crisp clean display. I can only cry when I think about the shadow lag it'll have. Seriously consider this choice. I understand if you already own it, but otherwise you'd be much wiser to go with the ATI route and just pick up 3x 24-30" monitors to run in Eyefinity.

Airiccampbell

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Ok so i revised the build some. Im going to be buying all this from bestbuy :/ thats why im so limited to nvidia cards they wont have ati cards in for another month at least they said.

Kingston Technology - HyperX 4-Pack 2GB PC3-12600 DDR3
Intel® - Core™ i7-860 Processor
Intel® - DP55KG ATX Desktop Motherboard (Socket LGA 1156
LG - 8x Internal Blu-ray Disc Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive
BFG - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1792MB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card
Corsair - 750W ATX CPU Power Supply
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB SATA HDD
Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler

If i can ill just upgrade to the ATI 5970 when available again.
Let me know if all this works and will be a decent set-up.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!