My First SSD, Recommendations and Advice Please

ekkstra

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Hi,

This is my first SSD and my first build, my build is nearly complete as this is one of the parts I need. I recently learned about SSDs and it's capabilities which caught my attention and I have little to no idea how it works for storage. As I read more and more about SSDs on this site, it convinced me to buy that more than an actual hard drive as it has so many more advantages over HDDs.

So i looked at it's recommendation and it's quite a good deal at the moment but I don't know what I'm getting into as far as I said before I don't know how storage works exactly and pretty new at this. So I might have a question or 2 about it.

How does it cover storage? Like how much storage can it take? The one I'm thinking of getting is 160GB but I don't think that's what it means.
I'm still not quite sure how it works so if you can give a quick explanation than I would appreciate that.

How much storage can it actually hold up to? This is another simple question I can't understand as I've only read to where it states it's much faster than HDDs, it won't spin so it can save power, it's reliable, uses flash drive memory?, etc.

Product:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UG3YU8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Any explanations and advice would be appreciated
thanks.

TRENDING THREADS