Sign in with
Your question

Infigure Bluetooh in Windows XP pro

Last response: in Windows XP
July 9, 2012 2:00:47 PM

I am trying to configure my computer’s Bluetooth so it can communicate with my cellphone. The computer is a ThinkPad T61p with Windows XP pro and onboard Bluetooth; the cell phone is a Samsung SCH-R375C. The cell finds and recognizes the computer, and when I try to pair it with the PC it asks for the passkey, but although the computers’ Bluetooth is on when I run XP’s Bluetooth install wizard it does not find any Bluetooth device. I get messages saying that the Bluetooth radio is not plugged in and the icon located on the system try says that a cable is unplugged. I updated the system using Microsoft websitesite as well as Lenovo’s website, but it did not help at all. I also tried to update the Bluetooth drivers, but it says that I have the newest available ones. Do you know how I can get the Bluetooth working?
July 9, 2012 5:51:39 PM

Sounds like it's working but does not work with that phone. Did you enter the passkey? Do you have another bluetooth device to try with this?
m
l
July 10, 2012 12:02:13 AM

Bluetooth is one of those pia works sometimes, and not others. delete the device from the cellphone and computer, then make the computer search, enable visiblity on the cell and do a search, hopefully they will see each other and communicate. The most common thing is to transfer photos so on the computer you should select receive file or similar then find it with the phone , send file then confirm key.
m
l
Related resources
July 10, 2012 5:11:03 PM

ktownmike said:
Bluetooth is one of those pia works sometimes, and not others. delete the device from the cellphone and computer, then make the computer search, enable visiblity on the cell and do a search, hopefully they will see each other and communicate. The most common thing is to transfer photos so on the computer you should select receive file or similar then find it with the phone , send file then confirm key.

I will do that and see if it works. But why does the computer say that the Bluetooth radio is off and that a cable is unplugged even when the Bluetooth is on? I have spent a lot of time searching about it and it looks like it is a common problem with Windows XP. However, I have not been able to find any information about the solution to the problem. It does not make sense, XP spP2 and sp3 have Bluetooth drivers.
m
l
July 17, 2012 6:47:27 PM

No, it does not work. No matter what I do XP says that the Bluetooth radio is not on and that a cable is disconnected. It does not make sense at all because the Bluetooth is on, it is onboard, and the phone recognizes the computer.
m
l
!