Sign in with
Your question

Need help plz

Last response: in Overclocking
July 2, 2012 1:35:16 AM

Hello, I need your help! with my sony VAIO,
My BIOS is locked with a password, please.. need one time password or if u can unlock it plz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model : E series VPCEB46FG from India
F/N : 27519370 7002483

Thanks so much

More about : plz

July 5, 2012 7:53:35 PM

judd_15 said:
Hello, I need your help! with my sony VAIO,
My BIOS is locked with a password, please.. need one time password or if u can unlock it plz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model : E series VPCEB46FG from India
F/N : 27519370 7002483

Thanks so much

Did you buy the computer new or used?

Can you boot to Windows or will it only get to the BIOS?

Can you change other BIOS settings or not?

If you are trying to get into your BIOS on a laptop to do any sort of overclocking/tweaking I highly suggest you do not. Laptops typically do not have adequate cooling and/or hardware temperature headroom to support this, and parts are much more expensive to replace.

I would suggest contacting the vendor to see if they know. If not, I would contact Sony customer support and ask if they know a quick BIOS reset (similar to what flipping a header would do on a desktop motherboard), or some other sort of workaround.

Hope this helps
m
l
July 12, 2012 2:38:08 AM

defever3 said:
Did you buy the computer new or used?

Can you boot to Windows or will it only get to the BIOS?

Can you change other BIOS settings or not?

If you are trying to get into your BIOS on a laptop to do any sort of overclocking/tweaking I highly suggest you do not. Laptops typically do not have adequate cooling and/or hardware temperature headroom to support this, and parts are much more expensive to replace.

I would suggest contacting the vendor to see if they know. If not, I would contact Sony customer support and ask if they know a quick BIOS reset (similar to what flipping a header would do on a desktop motherboard), or some other sort of workaround.

Hope this helps

hello... thanks for answering....i bought it new at bangalore sony center 2 years back when i was studying in India..... now that i'm back to my birth country (cote d'ivoire - africa)...... due to GOD i found a job where i have t o virtualize 64 bits OS on .....
For that work and certainly to keep my job i must have a computer with VTI technology.... i realized that my computer has this option but to unable it i should get to the BIOS....... daaaaa i cant because there is a password on it,,,,,,,,,,,, 2 years and i never realised that when i bought the computer there was a password on my BIOS......pfffff
i got alll the papers of the paiement transaction, i tried to reach the sony center by phone (no answer) by email nothing since 6 month. Last week one of there officer sent me an email in which it give me sony south africa email..... so i tried to contact them that is when they told me i should fly to south africa for them to help me..... you see how sad it is, i can't even aford it pffff
Plz help me...
m
l
Related resources
July 12, 2012 3:17:47 AM

judd_15 said:
hello... thanks for answering....i bought it new at bangalore sony center 2 years back when i was studying in India..... now that i'm back to my birth country (cote d'ivoire - africa)...... due to GOD i found a job where i have t o virtualize 64 bits OS on .....
For that work and certainly to keep my job i must have a computer with VTI technology.... i realized that my computer has this option but to unable it i should get to the BIOS....... daaaaa i cant because there is a password on it,,,,,,,,,,,, 2 years and i never realised that when i bought the computer there was a password on my BIOS......pfffff
i got alll the papers of the paiement transaction, i tried to reach the sony center by phone (no answer) by email nothing since 6 month. Last week one of there officer sent me an email in which it give me sony south africa email..... so i tried to contact them that is when they told me i should fly to south africa for them to help me..... you see how sad it is, i can't even aford it pffff
Plz help me...

I am not sure about this, but you may be able to reset the BIOS similarly to how you can reset a desktop BIOS with a reset jumper. I don't know if laptops come with this sort of feature, but it would require dismantling a little of the laptop... Many laptop keyboards pop out to reveal some of the internals... You might be able to do some research on it.

Sorry I couldn't help you more specifically :(  best of luck to you!
m
l
July 12, 2012 11:44:23 AM

1993695,4,907665 said:
I am not sure about this, but you may be able to reset the BIOS similarly to how you can reset a desktop BIOS with a reset jumper. I don't know if laptops come with this sort of feature, but it would require dismantling a little of the laptop... Many laptop keyboards pop out to reveal some of the internals... You might be able to do some research on it.

Sorry I couldn't help you more specifically :(  best of luck to you!

thanks alors... you did your best...
[/quote]
m
l
September 4, 2012 1:25:57 PM

hello, just wanted to say thanks for all your help...
my problem was resolve at www.laptoprebirth.com for $64.99
m
l
!