• CPUs
  • Corsair
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
July 2, 2012 4:10:34 AM

Hey,

So I want to water cool my CPU. :bounce: 

Corsair's H100 seems to be pretty good setup, and posts some of the lowest temps out any CPU cooler heatsync or water on the market.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It is however, not that pretty :) , but that's not a huge deal because if it functions better, I'd go for it.

The other set up i'm looking at is the XSPC Rasa 750 R240, it seems to be well liked, and is also more stylish, but in terms of how it compares in functionality to the H100 i'm an not sure.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11743/ex-wat-159/XSPC...

Which will keep my CPU cooler? :wahoo: 

Thanks!

More about : corsair h100 xspc rasa

July 2, 2012 4:22:03 AM

The H100 is a Low Cost Closed Loop water cooling system. It has the radiator attached to hoses attached to the cpu block which has the pump built in. This is no maintenance; screw the rad in, mount the block, and youre good to go. This is what I have, and I like it.

The XSPC is an actual water cooling kit. You'd need to do leak tests, and everything, but it'd look nicer, and i think you can upgrade to cool more than just the CPU.

They'd have similar performances, since the radiators are pretty similar.

TL;DR the H100 is no maintenance, but you are limited to just the CPU. The XSPC is high maintenance, but it'd look nicer and can probably expand.
m
l
July 2, 2012 4:51:10 AM

Great thanks for the reply, I think i'll go with the XSPC, because I want a little bit of a challenge. I might end up adding a gpu block in future as well :) 
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 2, 2012 4:51:15 AM

XSPC Rasa 750 R240 is better and worth the money H-100 is "fisher price water cooling" not really water cooling it preforms no better then top of the line heat sinks that cost less do yourself a favor and get the XSPC Rasa 750 R240
July 2, 2012 5:29:00 AM

Just ordered it, looking forward to setting it up :) 
m
l
July 2, 2012 5:51:49 AM

good choice. im not a huge fan of the corsair h series, just grab a silver kill coil if its not included in the xspc kit and throw it in the loop and you won't have to worry about doing too much maintenance down the road. make sure you have towels ready to go and look up how to short the PSU to do leak tests. gl
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 2, 2012 6:02:25 AM

Glad to see my work here is done hehe, Xspc over fisherprice anyday, you can throw another block on the 750L pump fine, but dependant on overclocking desires, may also want to put another rad on there too,
shout up if theres any install issues we can assist with :) 
Moto
m
l
July 2, 2012 6:10:51 AM

@myothernamewasbanned

It came with a silver kill coil for free, FrozenCPU has some good deals, also got 5.1% off with the discount code xtreme (which basically covered the shipping lol). I'll have to look into leak testing.

@Motopsychojdn

Thx for the advice, i'll definitely post if any hold-ups occur (since this is also my first attempt at water-cooling xD)
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 2, 2012 6:12:10 AM

Did you get the Rs or RX? bit unclear from your original post
Moto
m
l
July 2, 2012 6:16:41 AM

I went with the RS, I don't believe there were any RXs in stock, and I think the RS will cover my needs, is there much difference?

I might add an RX 240 rad in the future if I get another block ^^
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 2, 2012 6:57:24 AM

The Rx series are thicker and offer better cooling, not everyone can squeeze them into a case, and most won't mount them outside :-)
Ex is the same thickness as the Rs but offers better cooling at higher fanspeeds,
But an extra Rx240 would be a nice add for the Gpu addition later, try and have pushpull on both rads for optimum cooling
Moto
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 337 K Overclocking
July 2, 2012 1:40:45 PM

Just FYI, if you are thinking of adding your GPU into the loop, you'll need to account for the heat and will need an additional radiator as well. An RS240 is really only good for a single CPU and possibly a low-end GPU. You're going to need more radiator space if you expand based on your GPU TDP.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2012 7:01:10 AM

since this is your first time water cooling i would look at rubix_1011 sticky links look ^ they helped me somewhat maybe they will help you.It's not as hard as it looks i can tell you that i was scared at first to be honest but i found out there nothing to be scared of if you do it right.
m
l
July 6, 2012 8:18:32 AM

Update:

Wow, I am really happy with the water cooler, it was a bit of pain setting it up since there were no directions, but there's nothing that can't be done with a little hard work and patience :) .

It looks great in my CM690II, and barely takes up any room.

After running intel burn test on maximum for 30min, temperatures did not exceed 45C, it idles around 25-30C.

Wanted to recommend this setup to anyone who is looking to get started with water cooling. The RS240 cost about the same as a high end air cooler, but works wayyy better, not to mention the room for future expansion, and it looks great!

Thanks for all who helped! :D 

Peace,

Joe
m
l
July 6, 2012 8:19:01 AM

Best answer selected by joet1337.
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
a c 150 K Overclocking
July 6, 2012 8:36:59 AM

joet1337 said:
Update:

Wow, I am really happy with the water cooler, it was a bit of pain setting it up since there were no directions, but there's nothing that can't be done with a little hard work and patience :) .

It looks great in my CM690II, and barely takes up any room.

After running intel burn test on maximum for 30min, temperatures did not exceed 45C, it idles around 25-30C.

Wanted to recommend this setup to anyone who is looking to get started with water cooling. The RS240 cost about the same as a high end air cooler, but works wayyy better, not to mention the room for future expansion, and it looks great!

Thanks for all who helped! :D 

Peace,

Joe

What kind of setup do you have?

Is the radiator like this?

If it isn't, I suggest you switch it around later on.

Cheers to moto for teaching me to setup my rad like that :) 
m
l
July 6, 2012 8:54:48 AM

Yes, that is exactly how I have it set up :) , just curious since you have a very simliar set up to me (and the same case), what is your fan configuration?

m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
a c 150 K Overclocking
July 7, 2012 12:45:02 AM

I'm running the EX240 radiator, and slightly different parts.

Build log here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...

I have 2 cooler master sickleflows pulling from the radiator. I would have push but the mosfet coolers on my motherboard gets in the way.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 7, 2012 9:39:03 AM

**Cheers to moto for teaching me to setup my rad like that**

No probs mate, I like to keep tubes and cables tidy hehe, looks much better than the initial sketch without tubing everywhere,
Moto
m
l
July 8, 2012 10:24:04 AM

Here are a few photos, of what the water cooing looks like in the case.

Sorry about the glare

m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 1:52:57 PM

I like the windowmod but the cables are in serious need of sorting :) 
has the kit performed as well as you would have liked tempwise?
Moto
m
l
July 8, 2012 2:24:55 PM

Yeah I gotta do some cable management lol, its pretty messy :) 

Temps are great. Running an older i5 760 @ 3.66ghz, brought up from 2.8 so temps are higher then previously mentioned.
Idles around 35-40 and peaks at about 55 with all the cores @ 100%.
No complaints :D 
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 2:38:30 PM

Shiny, glad you are pleased with it :) 
Moto
m
l
!