Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (possible) NB problem, URGENT

Last response: in Motherboards
July 13, 2010 5:23:04 PM

Hey, I'm a novice builder and I've already ordered an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula just to discover that some of them have NB temperature issues. They say it's very easy to fix but, anyway, I'm a little confused:

- How can I identify if the board is right or not?
- In what does the problem exactly consist?
- How can I fix it?

And finally an extra question:

- Would you return it to the store and buy a GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 (186€)? They are very similar but I choosed the Crosshair IV (199€) because they say the software for Auto-OC is very, very good.

Thanks a lot,

PD: Sorry for repeating the post, but I really need any opinion...
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2010 10:38:56 PM

Technically speaking, the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula has the same NB chipset as the GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5. I'd keep the Crosshair because it's a very nice board. Your board may have a problem, but it may not. If the NB is too hot you could probably feel the heat coming from the NB heatsink. The problem may be that the heatsink is too small or something else like it's not properly mounted. I've personally never heard this before but that would be the most likely problems, otherwise voltage.
Fixing it depends on the problem.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 213 V Motherboard
July 14, 2010 1:22:27 PM

As Lmeow says, you made a good choice and in all likelihood will be fine. If your system has good air flow via the case fans and PSU, along with a quality HSF (aftermarket), you should be good to go. Have fun!
July 14, 2010 6:31:24 PM

Thank you guys, this is what I wanted to hear... I'll tell you what happens with the card when it will arrive (I hope that tomorrow). Bye!
!