SM bus controller affects audio driver?

werewolf16

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Does anyone if missing the sm bus controller will affect the sound driver? I upgraded my gateway computer from vistas to xp. And is all sm bus controller only for intel because I have amd as my processor. My GAteway laptop model is MT3421 and Serial Number: N1977M1078835. They don't seem to have any drivers for xp.

keithlm

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2007

Did you have a specific reason to downgrade from Vista to XP? You may not be able to find all the drivers you need for XP since XP is so old.

Unless you have a specific application or piece of old hardware that will not work with Vista then there is no reason to downgrade.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007

What, apart from the fact that Vista is inferior to XP unless you have a lot of CPU power and memory to throw at it? Every Vista machine I have ever owned or been in charge of I've dumped in favour of XP because it was just so slow. They've all been put up to Windows 7 now.

If we're talking about Windows 7 to XP then yes I'd agree, but Vista just blows.

As far as drivers go, OP, just download everything you need and be done with it so you can be sure that everything on your system is accounted for. If you can't get certain things, I strongly recommend Driver Agent to find them for you - it does cost but it's a tiny sum for a year of amazing driver finding - never let me down.