[SOLVED] What is this macbook pro worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow591

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2008
How much would you buy this macbook pro for?
Hardware:
A 2.2Ghz intel processor, Core 2 Dual
A 8600m GT, 128Mb dedicated
4GB of ram, @ 667Mhz
500GB of Storage @ 7200 RPM

Software:
IWorks
Microsoft Word 2008
Disk Genius 3.0
TechTools Pro 5.0.6
App Zapper
Aperture
Photoshop CS5

Accessories
Second Skin Case
Charger
Wifi N

Problems
Scratches on the outside
Wrinkling to the left side next to the airport card
No airport card installed

Model
A1226

Also as a side note Would you get the Base Macbook or the Macbook Pro 13" as they are both the same except for the looks and the upgradability from apple?

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
How old is it? Laptops depreciate half their value each year up until year 5 when they're absolutely worthless. First of all the hardware, maybe if it was as good as new (except that scratch) €500 maybe €600 but because it's a macbook you could probably look for 3 times that. If it's second hand find out the macbook model first of all, but I reckon maybe somewhere between €100-€200, again if it's over 3 years old I wouldn't pay a cent more than that because of the internal dust that's probably clogging up the fan and heatsink and will probably need a service engineer to give it a proper internal clean (or someone who knows what they're doing)
As for the software, if it's all genuine, licence keys included boxes and discs, again if it's new... maybe €3000-€4000 because of CS5 mostly (check out the cost of the software new and if everything is compadre and span maybe 3/4 of the value). But if it's ripped (i.e. copied) the licence key isnt included or it's an image file you wont get a penny for it.

Personally I'd get neither, I've used macbooks and macbook pros and they're not my cup of tea, I think they're overpriced and overhyped, the only good experience I've had is using them with video editing. Considering what you've got on there I'd go with a Dual O/S notebook one for work and one for personal and I'd keep it at that so as to limit the amount of bloatwear you've got on the work stuff

well i see a few on ebay (same year) going anywhere from $400-$800 so i would say try to get $600 from it (at the least)

@collie147, i prefer to get PC's as well but macbook's (especially the pro's) hold on to value a lot longer since new macbooks cost a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.