Fsp group everest 800 malfunctioned

kalant

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Hi guys,
I have a problem with my PSU(fsp group everest 800) - it just stopped working. At first I thought it may be something wrong with my PC's MB but I connnected the PSU to another PC and thus found out that it is the trouble.
My question is if there is some protection system to it like a fuse or something that I don't know about. Or if there is some common known component that is being known for defecting on this type of PSUs.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
When a PSU dies, you should leave it alone, don't try and fix it, you don't want to risk your entire system. Just bite the bullet and get a new one. Preferebly from the likes of Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, Silverstone etc.

kalant

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
That doesn't really answer the question. Except if I wanted to get an answer from a 12 year old. It's really disappointing when one is waiting for serious answer to a serious question and finally gets this. If you don't have anything to say on the subject don't bother next time mate.

skorpien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
While I may not be able to answer your question exactly, I do know that those PSUs are known to go bad. I'm not sure exactly which part of that PSU is prone to failure but every single PSU buyer's guide I've read has said to avoid Everest PSUs like the plague.

As for the previous reply you've received, I also assumed that you were asking in order to attempt a repair yourself. The advice he gave is quite sound. You're better off buying a PSU from a trusted brand such as those listed.

Also, in the future, try not to insult those that are trying to help. It may not be the answer you were looking for, but at least he was kind enough to give you advice. The more you insult people, in this forum or any other for that matter, the less likely they'll be willing to help.