Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My system acting funny after deleting trojan virus

Last response: in CPUs
Share
March 2, 2010 5:35:48 PM

Hello,i got a trogan virus i used
microsoft security essentials after i removed a few trogan it asking me everyime i attempt to open a program what to open it with, even when i try to go on line a box pops up and say open explore with with file then lists browse and list a bunch of files to open with what's going on with my system PLEASE SOMEBODY HELPPPP
March 2, 2010 5:35:48 PM

Hello,i got a trogan virus i used
microsoft security essentials after i removed a few trogan it asking me everyime i attempt to open a program what to open it with, even when i try to go on line a box pops up and say open explore with with file then lists browse and list a bunch of files to open with what's going on with my system PLEASE SOMEBODY HELPPPP
m
0
l
a c 133 à CPUs
March 2, 2010 5:41:03 PM

Trojans will wreck a system beyond just easy repair If you had a couple i would say it corrupted alot of the system files. Best fix reinstall windows is about the only choice you have at getting your computer back.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 2, 2010 5:42:51 PM

Quote:
Hello,i got a trogan virus i used
microsoft security essentials after i removed a few trogan it asking me everyime i attempt to open a program what to open it with, even when i try to go on line a box pops up and say open explore with with file then lists browse and list a bunch of files to open with what's going on with my system PLEASE SOMEBODY HELPPPP

Try booting into safe mode and do a system restore with networking enabled.
Go back about a month if possible.
If you notice the system restore takes a bit of time just be patient.
Hope this helps.
m
0
l
March 2, 2010 6:01:28 PM

neicypoh9 said:
Hello,i got a trogan virus i used
microsoft security essentials after i removed a few trogan it asking me everyime i attempt to open a program what to open it with, even when i try to go on line a box pops up and say open explore with with file then lists browse and list a bunch of files to open with what's going on with my system PLEASE SOMEBODY HELPPPP

Try booting into safe mode and do a system restore with networking enabled.
Go back about a month if possible.
If you notice the system restore takes a bit of time just be patient.
Hope this helps.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
March 2, 2010 6:09:00 PM

Malwarebytes followed by system mechanic. U can use both free.
m
0
l
March 2, 2010 6:18:00 PM

magneezo said:
Try booting into safe mode and do a system restore with networking enabled.
Go back about a month if possible.
If you notice the system restore takes a bit of time just be patient.
Hope this helps.



It doesnt allow me to go in safe mode it freezes and do nothing

will i have to restore back to factory settings?

I have a lot of files i havent backed up oh my.... i am sooo confused
m
0
l
March 2, 2010 6:19:21 PM

daship said:
Malwarebytes followed by system mechanic. U can use both free.

after installing i try to run it it's asking me to open it with what? it doesnt recongize it as an exe file
m
0
l
March 2, 2010 6:24:20 PM

neicypoh9 said:
It doesnt allow me to go in safe mode it freezes and do nothing

will i have to restore back to factory settings?

I have a lot of files i havent backed up oh my.... i am sooo confused

If that's the case you may have to Restore Windows but choose the option that doesn't destroy your files.
This will become 'Backup Files' when restore is finished.
More than likely you will have to dig through them and make them active again.
Reinstall some and others you can pull the icon to the desktop and go from there
To me it's undesireable because after this way of restoring, games inserted into the DVD pop up with 'Install game' when actually I can hit the desktop icon and it loads.
Games can possibly have issues with drivers as well, so it may be a good idea to check all drivers after restore.
m
0
l
March 2, 2010 6:37:53 PM

magneezo said:
If that's the case you may have to Restore Windows but choose the option that doesn't destroy your files.
This will become 'Backup Files' when restore is finished.
More than likely you will have to dig through them and make them active again.
Reinstall some and others you can pull the icon to the desktop and go from there
To me it's undesireable because after this way of restoring, games inserted into the DVD pop up with 'Install game' when actually I can hit the desktop icon and it loads.
Games can possibly have issues with drivers as well, so it may be a good idea to check all drivers after restore.



I'VE backed up files in the past and didnt no how to make them viewable how do you do this?
m
0
l
March 2, 2010 6:54:30 PM

neicypoh9 said:
I'VE backed up files in the past and didnt no how to make them viewable how do you do this?

It should be located in the 'My Computer' / (Hard Drive) C:// section with program files. It will be listed as backup files.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
March 3, 2010 12:05:42 AM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • My system acting funny after deleting trojan virus
    m
    0
    l
    !