mickkatt78

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
hi
i am in the process of building a comp, i hav got it all together,but when i turn on the comp it says the ntldr is missing,i dont know what this means i have never come across this.i try to install windows and it does until it gets to the part where it tells you how lont to go , then when about 10minutes to go comes, it stops installing and starts to make a buzzing- bleeping noise , i have tried time and time againto install windows but to no avail.
can anybody help, any info appreciated.
thanks mike

mickkatt78

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009

hi
i have been inti biosand checked the acpi and it was already activated,
the comp lets windows load in until it gets to the blue screen for final installation then freezes and bleeps continuosly,
this is a new motherbopard processor and memory ,could it be something on the motherboard i am missing.
thanks mike

mickkatt78

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009

hi again
i have put an new installation of windows into my comp infact i have put two different windows cd in and it still does the same,
works for so long about 10 mins the starts to freeze,then when i restart it starts and it is frozen,and i keep having to restart for it to eventually work for 5 to 10 mins then freeze again,
When i put windows in it at first it would stop half way through then on repeating the installation after 2 or 3 goes it goes in.
Could you tell me what ndtlr is as this has come up once or twice on installation.
thanks mike