Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will 5750 fit in my CPU??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 23, 2009 12:36:35 PM

I have a small outerbox for CPU, its kinda small, i cant even attach 2 Hard Drives at once inside it.

So just wanted to know ATI 5750 looks big card (size), will it fit inside my CPU, i have no problem connecting Geforce 9400 GT.

More about : 5750 fit cpu

a b U Graphics card
December 23, 2009 12:46:31 PM

It should fit if you can fit a 9400GT in there (the square-like version), but you can only find out for sure if you try it.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 23, 2009 4:27:50 PM

@zipo yea thats what i meant. Just wanted to know if 5750 will fit in my case or not, in pics it looks its big in size.
m
0
l
a c 1410 U Graphics card
a c 899 à CPUs
December 23, 2009 4:28:41 PM

That is a normal size card!
m
0
l
December 24, 2009 8:26:29 AM

Quote:
Why dont you tell us what case you have, followed by your computer specs (cpu, memory, motherboard and power supply make and model. Then tell us what games you plan on playing and what your budget is and we can make a suggestion.
Otherwise you can get a new case for $30-50.



O about the case here are few pics i took

http://i48.tinypic.com/wk20xi.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2h3803q.jpg (mine is the lower one)
http://i50.tinypic.com/344pgr9.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/11t339e.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/qqboef.jpg (Power Supply)


hmm i play most of d latest games i.e First Person shooter the most. MY CPU specification :-

AMD Athalon 2.6 GHZ Dual Core,4 GB RAM,500 GB HDD.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2009 9:46:06 AM

Looks like it'll fit as long as you're not slotting anything under the Graphics Card.
m
0
l
December 24, 2009 10:03:52 AM

skolpo said:
Looks like it'll fit as long as you're not slotting anything under the Graphics Card.


not slotting anything under the graphic card? what exactly does it mean???
m
0
l
a c 126 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2009 10:29:10 AM

That power supply isn't good enough for a HD5750 Get a good quality PSU like a Corsair, PC power and cooling or a OCZ. Atleast 450W

I'd also recommmend a Bigger/better case, I cant imagine that case has good enough airflow.

Personally I'd go for a HD5770 at least, to play the latest games, but you didnt tell use what resolution you play at E.g 1920x1080.
m
0
l
December 24, 2009 10:44:04 AM


Personally I'd go for a HD5770 at least, to play the latest games, but you didnt tell use what resolution you play at E.g 1920x1080.[/quotemsg]

I hvae 19" monitor so if possible i wanna play games at 1440x1024 resolution (its the highest). I think i might not need cooling system because i play games only for 1 hr (continues) not more than that. I cant change my case, coz card & PSU has already stressed up my budget to limit. BTW i can keep outer cover of my CPU case open, this might help me cooling GPU incase necessary.

What say !!
m
0
l
a c 126 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2009 10:50:53 AM

I Don't know where you live, but This case is good value for money

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA...

I'd strongly recommend a new case, even if you have to save up for alittle while longer.

This PSU is also good value for money, and is something you NEED if you want a new Graphics card, as I believe you current PSU is rated at 285W (which is not enough)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2009 11:10:50 AM

Yea, work on that power supply and case first. You can live without the HD5750 but the HD5750 won't be able to live under those conditions. Also, slotting anything under... I simply meant that as long as you aren't using any other PCI components (e.g. sound card) and connecting it to one of the PCI slots underneath the video card slot, then the 5750 will fit. The 9400GT you have now is considered a low-profile card, usually meaning it only takes up one slot, demands minimal power, and has a very silent fan. The current HD5750 models take up more space because it's bulkier, but the length is similar to your 9400GT.

But yea, inside that case looks crowded. You always want a case that allows a good amount of room between your components but not too large of case so you can allow good airflow to get through it. If your budget is tight right now, you should hold off of the HD5750. At the very least, you have to upgrade that power supply.
m
0
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2009 11:32:44 AM

skolpo said:
Yea, work on that power supply and case first. You can live without the HD5750 but the HD5750 won't be able to live under those conditions. Also, slotting anything under... I simply meant that as long as you aren't using any other PCI components (e.g. sound card) and connecting it to one of the PCI slots underneath the video card slot, then the 5750 will fit. The 9400GT you have now is considered a low-profile card, usually meaning it only takes up one slot,

No offense but this is full of misinformation. The HD5750 is very low power and runs very cool. As long as it fits it will be fine. The HD5750 is 7 inches long which is quite short and I see nothing in the pictures that would prevent a card of that length from fitting. Low profile does NOT mean a card takes up one slot, it means the card is half the width of a normal card. Also low profile cards often have cooling solutions that take up two slots. That 9400GT is NOT low profile, it is a one slot card however while the HD5750 will take up two slots. However in this pic;
http://i49.tinypic.com/11t339e.jpg
you can clearly see an empty slot under the video card so not only is there room, the slot it will block is not in use.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2009 1:23:43 PM

jyjjy said:
No offense but this is full of misinformation. The HD5750 is very low power and runs very cool. As long as it fits it will be fine. The HD5750 is 7 inches long which is quite short and I see nothing in the pictures that would prevent a card of that length from fitting. Low profile does NOT mean a card takes up one slot, it means the card is half the width of a normal card. Also low profile cards often have cooling solutions that take up two slots. That 9400GT is NOT low profile, it is a one slot card however while the HD5750 will take up two slots. However in this pic;
http://i49.tinypic.com/11t339e.jpg
you can clearly see an empty slot under the video card so not only is there room, the slot it will block is not in use.



I never questioned the length or the power consumption of the 5750. In fact, I said it'll fit, but the PSU still needs to be replaced, IMO. At that wattage with questionable 12v amperage, even the less-power demanding 5750 needs a minimum. But I guess you're right about the definition of "low-profile." The 5750 takes two slots and his 9400GT takes one. That's fact. The length of the 5750 is the same, if not shorter than his 9400GT. You can take out my definition of one-slot, two-slot, and low-profile but don't say all of my post is filled with misinformation. You simply pointed out one thing and repeated everything else I said. And I guess we have different preference, since I usually would not try to use a PCI component right beneath a GPU's cooler to avoid the fan to flow hotter air than it should. I know some SLI/Crossfire setups do that, that's why I avoid those MBs. Using a 5750 will cause that problem for me if I had his MB and case.
m
0
l
!