Where to put downloads?

Last response: in Video Games
March 12, 2005 3:32:22 PM

I have downloaded a collection of clothes and hairstyles for my sims. I put
it in documents/eagames/sims2/downloads, but the only thing showing up when
I want to create a sim is the clothes. The new hairstyles wont show.

Am I doing something wrong? It's downloaded from
http://www.simsconnection.com/

--
/ Martin Møller

My Dvd collection http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/martinb...
- Ved svar via email - fjern SPAMFILTER i emailadressen.

More about : put downloads

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 11:53:14 AM

I get something similar too. Many new things dont show up in game. I feel
like such a noob. hmm well.... I guess I am. I only started this a few
weeks ago.

In the folder I have a lot of *.package and *.sims2pak files. In game I'm
missing a lot of them.

Thanks in advance for the help. 8^D

Brian

"Martin [8900]" <martinboySPAM@FILTERhotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded a collection of clothes and hairstyles for my sims. I put
> it in documents/eagames/sims2/downloads, but the only thing showing up
> when
> I want to create a sim is the clothes. The new hairstyles wont show.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? It's downloaded from
> http://www.simsconnection.com/
>
> --
> / Martin Møller
>
> My Dvd collection
> http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/martinb...
> - Ved svar via email - fjern SPAMFILTER i emailadressen.

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 4:56:50 PM

"GarGan2N" <arrowbri@wehadababyrcnitsaboy.com> wrote in message
>I get something similar too. Many new things dont show up in game. I feel
>like such a noob. hmm well.... I guess I am. I only started this a few
>weeks ago.
>
> In the folder I have a lot of *.package and *.sims2pak files. In game
> I'm missing a lot of them.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help. 8^D
>
> Brian
>
> "Martin [8900]" <martinboySPAM@FILTERhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have downloaded a collection of clothes and hairstyles for my sims. I
>>put
>> it in documents/eagames/sims2/downloads, but the only thing showing up
>> when
>> I want to create a sim is the clothes. The new hairstyles wont show.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong? It's downloaded from
>> http://www.simsconnection.com/
>>
>> --
>> / Martin Møller
>>
>> My Dvd collection
>> http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/martinb...
>> - Ved svar via email - fjern SPAMFILTER i emailadressen.

The .sims2pak fiies are compressed files like zip files.
Just double click on them and they will automicaly install.
March 14, 2005 10:32:09 PM

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> "GarGan2N" <arrowbri@wehadababyrcnitsaboy.com> wrote in message
>>I get something similar too. Many new things dont show up in game. I
>>feel like such a noob. hmm well.... I guess I am. I only started this a
>>few weeks ago.
>>
>> In the folder I have a lot of *.package and *.sims2pak files. In game
>> I'm missing a lot of them.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for the help. 8^D
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> "Martin [8900]" <martinboySPAM@FILTERhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have downloaded a collection of clothes and hairstyles for my sims. I
>>>put
>>> it in documents/eagames/sims2/downloads, but the only thing showing up
>>> when
>>> I want to create a sim is the clothes. The new hairstyles wont show.
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong? It's downloaded from
>>> http://www.simsconnection.com/
>>>
>>> --
>>> / Martin Møller
>>>
>>> My Dvd collection
>>> http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/martinb...
>>> - Ved svar via email - fjern SPAMFILTER i emailadressen.
>>>

> The .sims2pak fiies are compressed files like zip files.
> Just double click on them and they will automicaly install.

Thanks. I did that. There is a lot more stuff in game now :) . Are the
*.package files allready installed?

Brian
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 2:31:29 AM

"GarGan2N" <askme@askme.com> wrote in message

> "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "GarGan2N" <arrowbri@wehadababyrcnitsaboy.com> wrote in message
> >>I get something similar too. Many new things dont show up in game. I
> >>feel like such a noob. hmm well.... I guess I am. I only started this
> >>few weeks ago.
> >>
> >> In the folder I have a lot of *.package and *.sims2pak files. In game
> >> I'm missing a lot of them.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for the help. 8^D
> >>
> >> Brian
> >>
> >> "Martin [8900]" <martinboySPAM@FILTERhotmail.com> wrote in message

> > The .sims2pak fiies are compressed files like zip files.
> > Just double click on them and they will automicaly install.
> >

> Thanks. I did that. There is a lot more stuff in game now :) . Are the
> *.package files allready installed?
>
> Brian

Just put the package files into your downloads folder and everything should
be fine.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 1:36:11 PM

> "GarGan2N" <askme@askme.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "GarGan2N" <arrowbri@wehadababyrcnitsaboy.com> wrote in message

>> > The .sims2pak fiies are compressed files like zip files.
>> > Just double click on them and they will automicaly install.
>> >

>> Thanks. I did that. There is a lot more stuff in game now :) . Are
>> the
>> *.package files allready installed?
>>
>> Brian
>
> Just put the package files into your downloads folder and everything
> should
> be fine.

I just found out at MTS2 that we can use folders inside downloads folder
and also
sub folders within folders inside of downloads folder. Whew!!
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:45:24 AM

"d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message

> > "GarGan2N" <askme@askme.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> >> Thanks. I did that. There is a lot more stuff in game now :) . Are
> >> the
> >> *.package files allready installed?
> >>
> >> Brian
> >
> > Just put the package files into your downloads folder and everything
> > should
> > be fine.
> >

> I just found out at MTS2 that we can use folders inside downloads folder
> and also
> sub folders within folders inside of downloads folder. Whew!!

Yes, except for anything related to skins, like hair, genetics and clothes
for example. Objects, walls and floors can be in subfolders.

!