Sign in with
Your question
Solved

REALLY!? ..ASUS!?...wtf...

Last response: in Motherboards
July 15, 2010 2:06:00 AM

Hey guys, I went through a very painful RMA process with ASUS over the period of a month where they offered to cross ship motherboards to speed up a time while costing me a processing fee and giving them my credit card information. I was ok with the process fee but here is where the problem started.

After a week of receiving my defective motherboard at their rma facility. I received a email from them claiming I have a scratch on my motherboard thus voiding my warranty. I was curious to see the problem since i looked after my board with uttmost care within the 2 years I've had it. I even shipped it to them with anti static bag wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a paper box just the right size to avoid damage and vibration during shipping.

After, I received the reply with this image attached

For those of you who actually found the so called scratch mark on my MB, you would know why I would be pissed for them to charge me the full price for the RMA MB they sent me.

To put the salt on my wound even more, I knew for a fact that the board they sent me have DEEP scratches near the CPU socket (since the board booted properly, I wanted to end the pain and just ignore this minor imperfection).

So finally, I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice on how to handle this situation.

I've already demanded a manager of ASUS to call me and I'm ready to call my credit card to cancel the upcoming charge of $150 which is the MSRP of a brand new board, not the scratched up RMA board they sent me.

Thanks for everyone in taking the time in reading this condensed version of my rant. Trust me, there are more complaints I have about this process but nothing is as important as this ridiculous charge they are preparing to put on my card.

More about : asus wtf

a c 177 V Motherboard
July 15, 2010 2:56:43 AM

Damn - don't ask me - I'm still looking for the scratch! [:bilbat:2]
July 15, 2010 8:08:55 AM

apparently, its that line which is less than the diameter of a capacitor on the motherboard. furthermore, it doesn't even look like a scratch but more of a cosmetic imperfection that came with the board. Even if people don't post to help me, I just hope that they can take from my unfortunate experience and avoid ASUS products in the future simply for their disgusting treatment of their customers and their horrendous scam of a warranty service
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2010 8:18:05 AM

I wear glasses, but still i can find the scratch. :??: 

Talk to ASUS manager when he calls have give him a good banging. ASUS does have a bad reputation for a bad RMA process. Here in in India, their service is handled by a third party called Rashi. And they are also a bunch of idiots! That's why Asus is loosing out on business here. Only people who are blind faithfuls of Asus buy their product, and let me tell you there are lots of them. :pfff: 
July 15, 2010 8:29:17 AM

Asus should learn from Newegg.

I can barely see the scratch.. seems like a cheap way for them to save a couple dollars.. by the manual that all their employees have to follow.

You don't get to work with people being "real" anymore... just books and manuals and regulations written up by some person in home office pinching every nickel and dime he can for that bonus.
a c 156 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 15, 2010 12:55:54 PM

I see the scratches. But it just looks like something scuffed the silk screening off the traces. It looks like the traces are still intact.

Best solution

July 15, 2010 3:15:03 PM

when calling in about rma info i have a method i ask fo r a name and employee numbe rhten ask to speak to thier supervisor then do the same there, once i have thier number or name then i talk about my hardware. had to rma a couple gskill memory sticks once cause one was doa of coarse they were awsome about the process, they just wanted me to pay shipping.. until after the call when i got a envelope with prepaid postage inside to send em back with :D  , they even next day'd my new modules once they recieved my old ones
August 22, 2010 1:51:34 AM

ok an update on the situation. Nobody called me back (expected) and a charge of $130 has been placed on my credit card. When I called their support again, they said there's nothing they can do. That includes sending me my broken MB back. All I can say is this is ridiculous and for the love of god please learn from my mistake and stop trusting their support guys.
August 22, 2010 1:52:29 AM

Best answer selected by yang.
a b V Motherboard
August 22, 2010 3:14:30 AM

yang said:
ok an update on the situation. Nobody called me back (expected) and a charge of $130 has been placed on my credit card. When I called their support again, they said there's nothing they can do. That includes sending me my broken MB back. All I can say is this is ridiculous and for the love of god please learn from my mistake and stop trusting their support guys.

Call the credit card company and tell them you never authorized the charge but that you sent them the old MOBO and they sent you a replacement under warranty so should not have been charged and you are not going to pay it and have them do a chargeback. And also tell them that you have tried calling ASUS to correct the charge but they refuse to call you back since they have already charged your credit card when they shouldn't have.
August 22, 2010 8:24:38 PM

hi JDfan, I tried calling the credit card company but they said since this involves a warranty claim, they can't do a charge backs and I have to go through legal ways of solving this problem such as contacting the better business bureau. I have received information from the visa company that this actually is a common occurence with ASUS charges and often there are complaints about their charges. I guess all i can do now is take this as an expensive lesson.

Update. I've filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau and apparently the company has already received a grade of F through several similar complaints

Link: http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/computers...
August 22, 2010 11:46:25 PM

omg this is very disconcerting. I just bought my first Asus mobo a couple weeks ago, because there was a good deal and a rebate that expired on the 15th. Should get the rest of my components in a couple days. My mobo better work.
!