Is there any performance gain using 2 sli/crossfire bridges?

I saw the picture of the $1300 system build using two and it made me wonder...http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-own-pc,2503.html
10 answers Last reply
More about performance gain crossfire bridges
  1. To be honest I don't really know. I believe it only "requires" 1. I had tried to crossfire (2) 4870's and with only one bridge it was kinda funny and didn't run 100% right. I installed the 2nd and it was smooth as butter... Well until it overheated and I got angry, sold them and bought a different card. hehe.
  2. jay2tall said:
    To be honest I don't really know. I believe it only "requires" 1. I had tried to crossfire (2) 4870's and with only one bridge it was kinda funny and didn't run 100% right. I installed the 2nd and it was smooth as butter... Well until it overheated and I got angry, sold them and bought a different card. hehe.


    Funny when i read your post... :)
    So what is your current card right now?
  3. wa1 said:
    Funny when i read your post... :)
    So what is your current card right now?

    That is what MORE INFORMATION --> MEMBER CONFIGURATION is for :D
  4. hoho, i forget about that... :)
    Thx jay... :D
  5. ^ You populated yours, how could you forget?
  6. Ahh, lucky to get a 5870 in-stock.
  7. hahaha, that's it, i just forget...
    sorry jay... :)
  8. Crossfire only needs one, the two connections are parallel to each other. In fact, using a second used to increase the probability of errors and "snow."

    Only use a second if symmetry is really important to you when you take pictures of the set up :D or you figure you will lose the second if it is not in the system.

    Whether you use one or two is like asking if you should put your pants on before your socks. Some people may care one way or another.. but really.. meh.
  9. sabot00 said:
    Ahh, lucky to get a 5870 in-stock.

    I got it for $390 right before the shortage. However, the 5850 and 5870 cards are totally stocked up now.
  10. jay2tall said:
    I got it for $390 right before the shortage. However, the 5850 and 5870 cards are totally stocked up now.

    I realized when I saw the 5870 in your config that taking in shipping time & other factors that you probably bought the card right as it came out, and yes there's plenty stock now.
    Just waiting for prices to drop to what they were supposed to be.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Performance SLI Build Crossfire Graphics Product