Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sims 2 University - in Norwegian?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 10:25:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Hello!

I have seen Sims 2 University at www.play.com for £15. Will buying this game
in English cause trouble when installing it on a computer already running
Sims 2 in Norwegian? Or are all languages (including Norwegian) available
regardless of which country the game is purchased in?

Thanks for any help!

Oyvind
March 12, 2005 10:25:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I use to work for Play.com how funny is that
<lyslo@nomailspam.com> wrote in message
news:WuGYd.1729$ai7.38947@news2.e.nsc.no...
> Hello!
>
> I have seen Sims 2 University at www.play.com for £15. Will buying this
> game in English cause trouble when installing it on a computer already
> running Sims 2 in Norwegian? Or are all languages (including Norwegian)
> available regardless of which country the game is purchased in?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Oyvind
>
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 3:44:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Am Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:25:58 +0100 schrieb lyslo@nomailspam.com:

> Hello!
>
> I have seen Sims 2 University at www.play.com for £15. Will buying this game
> in English cause trouble when installing it on a computer already running
> Sims 2 in Norwegian? Or are all languages (including Norwegian) available
> regardless of which country the game is purchased in?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Oyvind

Hi!
I only know that the German version seems to have all languages on it (I
installed it in English) so I suppose the English version will have
Norwegian on it as well. But don't sue me if it hasn't. :) 

Dorte
Related resources
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 8:39:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Hi and thanks! I guess that half the price will make it worth the risk,
then. After all, it's not likely that they would produce different CD's for
different countries, either...And I promise, I won't sue you if it doesn't
work!

Oyvind

"Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> skrev i melding
news:8m7vxz40w8u9.14qnv13jrmood$.dlg@40tude.net...
> Am Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:25:58 +0100 schrieb lyslo@nomailspam.com:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have seen Sims 2 University at www.play.com for £15. Will buying this
>> game
>> in English cause trouble when installing it on a computer already running
>> Sims 2 in Norwegian? Or are all languages (including Norwegian) available
>> regardless of which country the game is purchased in?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>>
>> Oyvind
>
> Hi!
> I only know that the German version seems to have all languages on it (I
> installed it in English) so I suppose the English version will have
> Norwegian on it as well. But don't sue me if it hasn't. :) 
>
> Dorte
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 8:43:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Hi! Play.com is quite good. Free shipping, and so on. Much cheaper than in
Norway, anyway...

Oyvind

"Angie" <angiel@nowhere.ca> skrev i melding
news:eP6dnbJL68P29a7fRVn-hg@rogers.com...
>I use to work for Play.com how funny is that
> <lyslo@nomailspam.com> wrote in message
> news:WuGYd.1729$ai7.38947@news2.e.nsc.no...
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have seen Sims 2 University at www.play.com for £15. Will buying this
>> game in English cause trouble when installing it on a computer already
>> running Sims 2 in Norwegian? Or are all languages (including Norwegian)
>> available regardless of which country the game is purchased in?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>>
>> Oyvind
>>
>
>
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 9:39:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

lyslo@nomailspam.com wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have seen Sims 2 University at www.play.com for £15. Will buying this game
> in English cause trouble when installing it on a computer already running
> Sims 2 in Norwegian? Or are all languages (including Norwegian) available
> regardless of which country the game is purchased in?
>
> Thanks for any help!

I don't think it will be an issue. My first installation of Sims 1 was
in Dutch, after that I installed all EP's in English, never had any
problems besides that the splash screen had the title in Dutch
(everything else was in English). The EP's I bought in England also gave
my various language options, just like the Dutch version.

When installing University you can choose between many languages, so
it's probable Norwegian is also an option.

Good luck

Bianca
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 10:36:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

> Hi and thanks! I guess that half the price will make it worth the risk,
> then. After all, it's not likely that they would produce different CD's
> for different countries, either...And I promise, I won't sue you if it
> doesn't work!

Since you say that you will not sue us :-), I dare to tell you that I
believe that The Sims 2 and University in England and Norway is an European
version. So English and Norwegian and about 15 other countries has their
language on the European version.

Emil
Denmark
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 10:47:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:25:58 +0100, <lyslo@nomailspam.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have seen Sims 2 University at www.play.com for £15. Will buying this
> game
> in English cause trouble when installing it on a computer already running
> Sims 2 in Norwegian? Or are all languages (including Norwegian) available
> regardless of which country the game is purchased in?

If it's like the first Sims series, there is an American English and
British English version. The British was compatible with Norwegian.

--
"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
good sign." -G
!