Build does not boot.

Eyeleks

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Hi. I fitted my new system yesterday and it seemed to be working fine until i did a bios update due to the fact that ive read about the mobo and the cpu not working that great together using the factory bios. My fan cpufan was spinning at over 6k rpm/min and my cputemp was over 50 degrees celcius. So i thought to myself that I bios update couldnt hurt, but I might have done just that. Altough im not sure.

My system does not want to start when I have the 12v atx cable plugged in to my
mobo (790fx-gd70 mobo, amd phenom II 955 black edition, 2x2gb corsair dominator ddr3, corsair 850w, hd4890), all I get is the green powersymbol on the mobo.. Im running win7. I did a biosupdate using msi liveupdate and then looked at my biossettings, didnt change anything though (exit without saving). When I was done with the bios and wanted to boot up win I got a bluescreen and my pc died. I have tried everything. The damn thing is dead as long as I have the 12v atx cable connected. The comp fires up when I remove it though, although that doesnt help me... I need my cpu! Any ideas anyone? The system was running before this happened to the cables are all in order, and i have tried to use only 1 memory stick. Im
starting to think that there is something wrong with my cpu rather then my mobo, since I have tried to reset the bios in every way possible (just took the battery out for 30min).

Thanx in advance / alexander