Sign in with
Your question

I want my icons on desktop to stay put, how can I do it?

Last response: in Windows XP
July 11, 2012 2:24:41 PM

I lilke to keep my icons in the order I want, but, lately everytime I go to my site in computer, they have moved all to the left... Is any way I can lock them, in properties, I have checked on "lock" but it is not working.

More about : icons desktop stay put

July 11, 2012 5:31:40 PM

Right click on desktop and under "Arrange Icons By" check if the "Auto arrange" option is checked. Un-check it, if it is checked.
m
l
July 12, 2012 1:22:21 PM

dickysolo said:
Right click on desktop and under "Arrange Icons By" check if the "Auto arrange" option is checked. Un-check it, if it is checked.

Thank you for your tip. I made sure I didn't not have a check in "Auto arrange", but when I opened the computer this morning, all icons were on the left. Is anything else I can do?
m
l
Related resources
July 27, 2012 8:07:00 PM

dickysolo said:

m
l
July 27, 2012 8:08:12 PM

I did everything you told me. I even called someone and paid 100.00 and he couldn't do it............ Can you belileve it?
m
l
July 31, 2012 6:01:59 AM

Scan your computer with an antivirus.
m
l
July 31, 2012 7:12:15 AM

It's not a malware issue - he needs to take the tick out of "Align to Grid" in Desktop properties.

m
l
August 16, 2012 12:56:31 AM

I appreciate everyones help, but 2 computer man came and tried and couldn't fix it, at the moment there is a way that I have been using, for instance, I fix my icons on desktop the way I want, I click on "My Computer" with the right side of mouse, and click "Save desktops icon layout", and everytime I open my computer, I click on "restore icon layout" the computer man said.
He also said I could just download everything and start it as as brand new, but it would cost me a lot of money to restore what I have, in that case it would be a better idea to buy a new one!!
m
l
!