Radeon hd 5870 no displaying

nerga

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I recently installed a radeon hd 5870 into my computer. The card was working fine, till I installed the drivers for the card, then the screen started to display in a kind of 8 bit, pinkish, unclear way. Which was weird since before the driver update, I could watch hd movies etc. But when trying to play games they said I had a 0 mb gpu, so i updated drivers. according to ati website, here http://ati.amd.com/products/certified/powersupplies.html#pstop my psu, the tx650w isnt compatable with the hd 5870, if I upgraded to a corsair tx 750w, would that fix the issue or not?

speedo5

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
I had a 6800GT and installed a 5850 yesterday. I then removed the nvidia driver through the control panel.

I have W7 64bit, I started Crysis and went to the couch to be with my daughter and fell asleep. It was in the intro part, no game play yet. I poke up 6 hours later with the fan running at MAX and no display.

Then I started the game this morning and when I went to the Menu, the screen went black and fan starting running at MAX

nerga

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Well this only happened when I installed the newest drivers to my card. It did not happen when I had the old drivers on the card. Which I found rather strange. It was when I installed the newest win 7 ati drivers from their website, or from the cd that the screen started going pink and not displaying. But if I dont install the drivers, I cant run any video games, it says that I have 0mb of video memory. And when I looked at a log of my computer it said there was no video card, all of it adding up to being very strange.