Verifying updates

a b 8 Security
September 27, 2004 2:04:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello

Checking all client computers in our local domain with Baseline Security
Analizer, I get the following report signed as 'critical'
''Security updates that the tool cannot confirm as installed on the scanned
computer are marked with a blue asterisk''
One of them is 'MS04-028 Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing '. But when I
check the update on a computer, it is installed.
Is this something that I must be worried about?
Thanks
Regards
Miha

More about : verifying updates

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 27, 2004 10:39:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Belarc Advisor shows Updates and if they need to be reinstalled or not.

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
-----

Qfecheck will show if all updates have been installed properly or not.

Among other things....[[This tool helps customers who thought they had
properly installed an
update, but had not, and are now experiencing a problem.]]

Windows XP Patch: Qfecheck.exe Verifies the Installation of Windows XP
Hotfixes
http://tinyurl.com/aiz4

Qfecheck.exe Verifies the Installation of Windows 2000 and Windows XP
Hotfixes
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282784

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:eF7aklGpEHA.1960@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Miha <miha.bernik@isg.si> hunted and pecked:
> Hello
>
> Checking all client computers in our local domain with Baseline
> Security Analizer, I get the following report signed as 'critical'
> ''Security updates that the tool cannot confirm as installed on the
> scanned computer are marked with a blue asterisk''
> One of them is 'MS04-028 Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing '. But
> when I check the update on a computer, it is installed.
> Is this something that I must be worried about?
> Thanks
> Regards
> Miha
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 30, 2004 1:09:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

That update in particular is a bit strange. It's not actually an update, but
a scanner used to scan for vulnerabilities across your computer.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

!