Verifying updates

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello

Checking all client computers in our local domain with Baseline Security
Analizer, I get the following report signed as 'critical'
''Security updates that the tool cannot confirm as installed on the scanned
computer are marked with a blue asterisk''
One of them is 'MS04-028 Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing '. But when I
check the update on a computer, it is installed.
Is this something that I must be worried about?
Thanks
Regards
Miha
2 answers Last reply
More about verifying updates
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Belarc Advisor shows Updates and if they need to be reinstalled or not.

    Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
    -----

    Qfecheck will show if all updates have been installed properly or not.

    Among other things....[[This tool helps customers who thought they had
    properly installed an
    update, but had not, and are now experiencing a problem.]]

    Windows XP Patch: Qfecheck.exe Verifies the Installation of Windows XP
    Hotfixes
    http://tinyurl.com/aiz4

    Qfecheck.exe Verifies the Installation of Windows 2000 and Windows XP
    Hotfixes
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282784

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:eF7aklGpEHA.1960@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Miha <miha.bernik@isg.si> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello
    >
    > Checking all client computers in our local domain with Baseline
    > Security Analizer, I get the following report signed as 'critical'
    > ''Security updates that the tool cannot confirm as installed on the
    > scanned computer are marked with a blue asterisk''
    > One of them is 'MS04-028 Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing '. But
    > when I check the update on a computer, it is installed.
    > Is this something that I must be worried about?
    > Thanks
    > Regards
    > Miha
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    That update in particular is a bit strange. It's not actually an update, but
    a scanner used to scan for vulnerabilities across your computer.

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Checking all client computers in our local domain with Baseline Security
    > Analizer, I get the following report signed as 'critical'
    > ''Security updates that the tool cannot confirm as installed on the
    > scanned computer are marked with a blue asterisk''
    > One of them is 'MS04-028 Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing '. But when I
    > check the update on a computer, it is installed.
    > Is this something that I must be worried about?
    > Thanks
    > Regards
    > Miha

Configuration Security Computers Microsoft Windows XP