My current PSU only has one bottom fan, should I buy another fan?

mrbeanladen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Should I buy a better fan and try to glue it on the outside? would it improve airflow?
yea I said glue, or maybe I'll try to screw it in there but there are no holes there except the air filter thingy with hole at the back of the psu

A lot of PSU's only have one fan (I'd say that most do, actually), so that's not really a problem, unless the fan is woefully inadequate. Secondarily, I don't really understand how mounting another fan to it on the outside and not on the inside (which isn't really possible anyway) would even help anything. It certainly wouldn't help cool the PSU any more.

mrbeanladen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

It's possible? when I look inside my psu it looks kind of crammed I'm not sure how I could shove it in there
well ok then nevermind, I should just replace my other case fans
is 35-45 cfm good for a 80mm fan?

No, it's not really possible, but anyway, yeah, that's pretty good for a 80mm fan.

mrbeanladen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

thanks, I wish I could add best answer, you helped me in a couple of threads I made but when I try to edit the first post it won't allow me, it tells me "You are not allowed to edit this message!"

You're welcome, and that's ok man. I don't do this just to get best answers, lol. :)