WC set up for tri sli 670 and a 3820

gumby6288

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Ok here's my dilemma, I have 3 evga ftw 670's and an i7-3820. The CPU is currently running fine on a h100 but I wasn't happy with the gpu temps on air since I'd like to OC them. I bought 3 xspc razor 680 reference design with 3 of thier sli bridge connectors. I was planning on running 3 240 rads And two pumps. I also picked up a lga 2011 waterblock since I figured while I'm at a custom build why not throw the CPU in the loop, total TDW is around 630. Basically my question is what is the best order to set this up. Do I use the sli links or just run tubing from rad to rad and pumps and blocks. I can change the loop anyway I need to, just hoping for some input here. Thank you in advance

gumby6288

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
2 240's with the gpu? And also could you idiot proof what you mean by the sli config, I've never watercooled this much and after a 6 grand build I'd like to do it right the first time lol, btw happy 4th brother

cbrunnem

Distinguished
2 240's with the whole build. I'm running a 3820 and a 690 with a single 360. Heres what you want to do.

Res > Pump > Rad > Cpu Block > Rad > GPU > GPU > GPU

3 gpus with no rad in between even though they put out more heat then the cpu? just a noobish water cooling guy but that does seem efficient.

plus i have just my 2600k at 4.6 and running a 240 rad and i get better temps when i add a passive radiator to the loop.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Water temps at any single point in the entire loop is only 2-4C difference in temps.

Passive rads should really be paired with at least low speed fans to dramatically increase their cooling potential. Whether it be an air cooler or a WC rad, anything that has to exchange heat energy from a heat bearing surface to the air does much better with active cooling over it, even if it's minimal.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

the point was that the little extra cooling capacity lowered my temps.

gumby6288

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
I played with Eva precision x for a bit, I know the temps are fine but with over clocking them I'd like to drop hem a bit. The cards have gotten a bit sketchy t high temps