Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 6930

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 24, 2009 2:04:35 AM

I know very little about computers and upgrading them. However, I am trying to find a graphics card that will fit in my Acer Aspire 6930. I bought the GeForce 9400 gt and it doesn't appear that it will work. It does not fit. My laptop has an Intel gm45 express chipset which is much smaller and almost appears to be "built-in" to the computer. It doesn't seem like it can be removed with removing all of the guts of the computer. What can I do?

More about : acer aspire 6930

December 24, 2009 2:17:30 AM

krab1017 said:
I know very little about computers and upgrading them. However, I am trying to find a graphics card that will fit in my Acer Aspire 6930. I bought the GeForce 9400 gt and it doesn't appear that it will work. It does not fit. My laptop has an Intel gm45 express chipset which is much smaller and almost appears to be "built-in" to the computer. It doesn't seem like it can be removed with removing all of the guts of the computer. What can I do?

I just wanted to add that I can play Oblivion on my computer. It is not supported by my video card, and not supported by Vista either, yet it works. The game runs pretty slow at times, but it works. It has also had a weird bug where the display turns black when I load it up. I can see the HP and Map screens, but the character and background are non-existent. Anyway, that went away somehow. I lowered all of the display settings, reinstalled the game w/o the expansions, and it's fine. Now, I bought Fallout 3 to play GOTY edition and I cannot get it to run past the first menu. I click New Game, and it just quits on me and freezes up the computer. It was recommended that I uninstall and reinstall multiple time and it may work. Nothing. So I decided to buy this new graphics card and have no idea which one would work, if any.
m
l
!