Sign in with
Your question

Installed Updates now I'm stuck

Last response: in Windows 8
December 31, 2012 5:43:17 AM

Hi Tom's Hardware,

So my Windows 8 finally got some updates. So what happened is, I installed and update those 15 new updates, once the installation or whatever update it did... when the computer restarted i'm stuck on this "Please Wait" screen for almost 4 hours now. I don't know what to do? Does anyone of you guys already experienced this kind of behavior? It seems that it can't open my profile for some reason... It has no % where in the updates will take place or whatsoever. I badly need help. @_@

Total BS for a new OS.
December 31, 2012 8:45:26 AM

If it takes more than an hour, and your PC meets the minimum requirements, then power cycle the PC.
m
l
December 31, 2012 9:13:18 AM

Restart ,load default settings in bios, if worked well ok ,problem continues remove cmos battery ,power on. again problem reinsert ram. if worked well ok then change power plan settings to high performance.
m
l
Related resources
December 31, 2012 10:45:28 AM

The exact reason to stay away from windows 8, remember all the service packs for windows 7, I love all the problems with windows 8 for some people, my advice its new what do you expect there are bound to be a few glitches with a new os, and updates.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
December 31, 2012 1:30:55 PM

As Scott said, if you've left it for an hour and it hasn't done anything, power cycle the system and try to log in again.
m
l
January 7, 2013 5:41:23 AM

reinstalled it and now it's working fine. i really don't know what happened like a week ago but I'm all good to go using Win 8 without hassle.
m
l
!