Closed

Sims 2 vs. Secondlife

Last response: in Video Games
March 14, 2005 7:32:58 PM

I was soo addicted to the Sims 2 until I discovered Second Life. Its like
the Sims online, only way better. Has anyone else in here played Second
Life? www.secondlife.com

Your thoughts.

Wakado

More about : sims secondlife

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 11:19:42 PM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:32:58 -0800, "Wakado" <wakado@wakado.com>
wrote:

>I was soo addicted to the Sims 2 until I discovered Second Life. Its like
>the Sims online, only way better. Has anyone else in here played Second
>Life? www.secondlife.com

Wish I could, but I don't have broadband. From what I've seen, it
looks like everything we hoped TSO would be but wasn't--and more.

BW
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 2:30:43 AM

Second Life is like
There, is like Rose, is like Sims Online.
All basically are big chat rooms with perks, but you gotta pay for those
perks :(
I've seen all of the above except Sims Online, and never had a desire to see
it.

"Wakado" <wakado@wakado.com> wrote in message
> I was soo addicted to the Sims 2 until I discovered Second Life. Its like
> the Sims online, only way better. Has anyone else in here played Second
> Life? www.secondlife.com
>
> Your thoughts.
>
> Wakado

March 15, 2005 5:46:41 AM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote in

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:32:58 -0800, "Wakado" <wakado@wakado.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I was soo addicted to the Sims 2 until I discovered Second Life.
>>Its like the Sims online, only way better. Has anyone else in
>>here played Second Life? www.secondlife.com
>
> Wish I could, but I don't have broadband. From what I've seen, it
> looks like everything we hoped TSO would be but wasn't--and more.

I heard that sentiment expressed when TSO was new so I tried 2nd life
(which was also new) - didn't like it at all. Maybe I'm not much of an
online games person. I did like TSO, though, but not enough to pay
monthly for it.

--
---->Sagittaria<----

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.
March 16, 2005 12:10:44 AM

"Wakado" <wakado@wakado.com> schreef in bericht
>I was soo addicted to the Sims 2 until I discovered Second Life. Its like
>the Sims online, only way better. Has anyone else in here played Second
>Life? www.secondlife.com

Well, actually, I am trying to get a first one first, so a second one
would definately be out of my league ;o)

> Your thoughts.
>
> Wakado

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 7:11:45 PM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:32:58 -0800, Wakado <wakado@wakado.com> wrote:

> I was soo addicted to the Sims 2 until I discovered Second Life. Its
> like
> the Sims online, only way better. Has anyone else in here played Second
> Life? www.secondlife.com
>
> Your thoughts.

Sims 2 and Sims Online are way different. One is a life simulator where
you create imaginary humans amd guide them through their lives. The other
is a role playing game / chat room where the simulated people are real
people's avatars.

Second Life, There, Active Worlds ... they are basically chat rooms, is
the way I see them. They have the benefit over IRC that people have to pay
to be there, so you get less annoying people who just drop in when drunk
to ruin the party. Also they are prettier than IRC.

good sign." -G
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:43:39 AM

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psnqkhvawb52ai9@news.online.no...
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:32:58 -0800, Wakado <wakado@wakado.com> wrote:
>
> > I was soo addicted to the Sims 2 until I discovered Second Life. Its
> > like
> > the Sims online, only way better. Has anyone else in here played Second
> > Life? www.secondlife.com
> >
> > Your thoughts.
>
> Sims 2 and Sims Online are way different. One is a life simulator where
> you create imaginary humans amd guide them through their lives. The other
> is a role playing game / chat room where the simulated people are real
> people's avatars.
>
> Second Life, There, Active Worlds ... they are basically chat rooms, is
> the way I see them. They have the benefit over IRC that people have to pay
> to be there, so you get less annoying people who just drop in when drunk
> to ruin the party. Also they are prettier than IRC.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G

Actually they still get those that just drop in when they are drunk, but
they are paying to be able to do that, lol.
I used to have a life in rose til it became more like real life and all the
'drama' that comes with real life..............then I left. Too many
'small' people there.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 4:58:51 PM

Sounds a lot like HaboHotel to me. At least Habo is free though.

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psnqkhvawb52ai9@news.online.no...
> Sims 2 and Sims Online are way different. One is a life simulator where
> you create imaginary humans amd guide them through their lives. The other
> is a role playing game / chat room where the simulated people are real
> people's avatars.
>
> Second Life, There, Active Worlds ... they are basically chat rooms, is
> the way I see them. They have the benefit over IRC that people have to pay
> to be there, so you get less annoying people who just drop in when drunk
> to ruin the party. Also they are prettier than IRC.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G
February 10, 2009 9:54:09 PM

where are the people getting their info when saying that you have to pay to use SecondLife???
i've only been on it for a little while (not much free time these days to play online), and it doesn't cost anything!
there is "No" requirement to buy anything there...
now, if you "want" to buy stuff, of course you can do that too, but absolutely not required to just go there...
as far as those type of things go, its good for chat (like some say, it really is just a fancy-schmancy chat room that happens to look like some foreign world that you are just dropped on without knowing anything or anybody, oops, wait, that IS what it is...lol), and if your pc can deal with the huge resourse usage the site takes, you can explore interesting places...i just wander around aimlessly most of the time, popping in and out of places looking for whatever and/or nothing...lol.
there's much more to say about SL, but i've blahblahblah'd enough for now :)
February 11, 2009 9:36:26 AM

You've been Necro'd
Anonymous
October 25, 2009 6:34:25 PM

hi

i have never played second life i have wached it on youtube it dosent look that good and the babys look ugly i just enjoy playing the sims 2 and 3 :)
October 25, 2009 6:50:01 PM

How can someone be this stupid?
October 31, 2009 9:10:14 AM

I think that the real life is much more interesting.
October 31, 2009 9:17:06 AM

This thread is full of fail. I best prevent it from getting out.
!