eselar

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Hello community,

while reading forums on the internet, i see threads about people who claimed to have broken the 5000 mhz mark, even one specifically claimed to have with a stock cooler!

http://www.overclock.net/t/1235479/successfully-ocd-the-amd-fx-4170-cpuf-from-4-2-ghz-to-5-1-ghz-using-the-stock-cooler-stable

Well i just bought a new Zalman 9500A and my fourth and fifth case fan, so now i wish to do some overclocking myself on my Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 and an 850 W Corsair Enthusiast Series

So far i have made it to 4.6 Ghz on stock voltage, which is ~ 1.42 (which i have heard is a pretty high voltage to start with) With temps Idle 15ish C and stressed around 46C

When stress testing 4.7 I immediately get core failures which i assume means raising the voltage. But when i raise the voltage by .025, HW Monitor and OCCT both report idle voltage of 1.47 and a stressed voltage of 1.52!

Apparently 5.2 is the required voltage to run this extra 100 mhz? (i doubt it)

I'm also worried about the fact that my voltage is fluctuating. This computer doesn't run 24/7 but I understand 1.52 is far too high a voltage to retain a healthy cpu lifespan.

any help with overclocking this rig is greatly appreciated :love:

Solution
Vdroop, the only counter (if it is unstable that is) is to use load line calibration

but don't use LLC if your system is stable

what is the temp of your basement then?

eselar

Honorable
May 27, 2012
I just checked and the minimum temp is 9C but when i stress it then the temps rise accordingly.

My rig is in the basement of a cold house and i have an aftermarket hsf plus 5 case fans.

I dont understand why nobody can believe it. Do you think my mobo sensor system is faulty?

For the record i have disabled all underclock utilities i know of. However i still see a drop in voltage while im stressing it? Weird...

eselar

Honorable
May 27, 2012
The basement is probably in the low 60s at lowest.
so if i set LLC to a high setting i wont need to change voltage?
Btw my voltage drops from 1.42 to 1.34 if thats more than youre thinking?

TRENDING THREADS