This is my first post and im new to this forum!
Im new at building a computer and im trying to build a fairly decent gaming computer for a low budget.
I am on a tight budget of 200 - 300$ and 300$ is pushing it.
Looks like a decent system. All the components are compatible. The only concern I would have is your case/power supply. With a cheap case, usually comes a cheap power supply and while you may want a better graphics card for your system, you don't want to push an unknown power supply and fry $260 worth of brand new components.
If you could give us a bit more information (make/manufacturer/model #) of the power supply, it might help.
Cheap case with PSU=cheap PSU.
Cheap PSU=rubbish PC
There often are better cards at that price point. ATI has tasty ones and Nvidia released the new GTS 240/250.
For a small premium you can have an AM3 board and DDR3. DDR2 prices have increased a lot, the price difference between 3 and 2 is now rather small. A small premium that offers better future upgradeability and longevity.
Hmmmm i c...
To be on the safe side. I think im going to buy a new power supply..
but I dont know if ill have enough money for the case also.
is this set up better? I heard the chipset 790gx is alot better for gaming than 760g
-For now, it's good enough. You should save a bit and add another 2GB of RAM as soon as possible though. Other than that, it should last you quite a while. At a later date you might want to upgrade CPU/GPU, but that's gonna be a few years and you can keep your PSU/mobo and case.
-An ATX board measures 12 in × 9.6 in (305 mm × 244 mm). It should fit in any normal sized case newer than 1996.
-The HDD's aren't the fastest, but they're good enough.
-GPU stands for graphics processing unit. It's exactly the same as a graphics card, just two names for the same thing.
- ohh thank you and yes as i save ill upgrade parts.. just i dont want to start from scartch in the future again.
- hmm really? what i measured was a lot longer. wait the 12 in is the length going from floor up ? and 9.6 is the short side of floor?
- hmm ok thank you
- ohh i see thank you! no more confusion.
- is that gfx card good for the price or is there a better deal??
- if i just get better PSU , can i still use the cheap case and have no problems?
- when i get this new setup... Do i have to buy a new os? like windows xp and i cant use the one i already have for this comp? and how do i check wat kind of bit this windows xp is? i heard i have to have cerrtain type of os to work with mobo
Without knowing specifically what case you have, it's hard to say whether or not you can use it. If you don't know the make/model/manufacturer of the case, see if you can take some pictures of it and post them here. Specifically, we'd need to see the rear of the case and well as the interior.