nikdangr

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
I just received a brand new Cyberpower laptop. The touch-sensitive "Eject" key above the F keys doesn't work correctly. It's seems there is an issue with the drive not recognizing when the drive door is closed. Right now I have to go into Windows Explorer to open the drive. After I do that, sometimes the key will work if I push on the drive door first. The drive is not designed to open when you push on it and there is no eject button on the drive.

That's really all besides the point. I don't want to ship the laptop from VA back to CA for such a niggling issue. Is it fairly easy for a competent technician to replace the drive and will the OS make the connection between the new drive and the eject key? I'd prefer to just ask Cyberpower to send me a new drive and do it that way.

Solution
Replacing a "standard" slim SATA optical drive is a no-brainer and takes moments. However, this sounds like a new system and the repair should be covered under warranty. If you swap the device, it may not be covered.

I suggest making the vendor make it right. Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Replacing a "standard" slim SATA optical drive is a no-brainer and takes moments. However, this sounds like a new system and the repair should be covered under warranty. If you swap the device, it may not be covered.

I suggest making the vendor make it right. Good luck!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS