Help overclocking my pretty old phenom I

Hello guys, i was wondering if any of you guys can help me overclock my AMD phenom I x4 9750 cpu, I have looked and read around in a lot of sites but i havent found a way to over clock it yet. I know its a locked core but a lot of people or most of the comments i read have said they have over clocked it to at least 2.8ghz. I simply wana over clock it from its stock 2.4ghz to 2.6ghz if possible with my board. I have never overclocked a cpu but i read a lot and downloaded programs and i cant get it to over clock :sweat:

Here are my computers specs: AMD PHENOM 1 QUAD CORE 9750 (like i said)
8gb of ddr2 at pc6200, Single Radeon HD 6850
and my mo bo is HT2000,

If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it!! thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about help overclocking pretty phenom
  1. it may be unlocked, most of the original Athlon chips we're

try adjusting the Multiplier in your bios, if that dosent work raise the HT frequency
  2. nna2 said:
    it may be unlocked, most of the original Athlon chips we're

try adjusting the Multiplier in your bios, if that dosent work raise the HT frequency

Yea I know what you mean, but my bios doesn't show me any options that let me do that tho :??:
    Im pretty sure i looked every where on the bios for it. Would there be a manual way to overclock it by switching some jumpers on the mo bo or something? Or maybe any programs that let you overclock?
  3. im pretty sure motherboards have FSB jumpers anymore

try AMD overdrive
  4. just finished trying that. It said there was no compatible cpu so im guessing it wont let me. Well i dont think my board will let me overclock it. Thanks for trying to help. Il just live with the stock 2.4ghz :I
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Phenom