Sign in with
Your question

Help overclocking my pretty old phenom I

Last response: in Overclocking
July 6, 2012 5:03:57 AM

Hello guys, i was wondering if any of you guys can help me overclock my AMD phenom I x4 9750 cpu, I have looked and read around in a lot of sites but i havent found a way to over clock it yet. I know its a locked core but a lot of people or most of the comments i read have said they have over clocked it to at least 2.8ghz. I simply wana over clock it from its stock 2.4ghz to 2.6ghz if possible with my board. I have never overclocked a cpu but i read a lot and downloaded programs and i cant get it to over clock :sweat: 

Here are my computers specs: AMD PHENOM 1 QUAD CORE 9750 (like i said)
8gb of ddr2 at pc6200, Single Radeon HD 6850
and my mo bo is HT2000,

If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it!! thanks in advance.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 6, 2012 5:55:31 AM

it may be unlocked, most of the original Athlon chips we're

try adjusting the Multiplier in your bios, if that dosent work raise the HT frequency
July 7, 2012 4:54:00 AM

nna2 said:
it may be unlocked, most of the original Athlon chips we're

try adjusting the Multiplier in your bios, if that dosent work raise the HT frequency

Yea I know what you mean, but my bios doesn't show me any options that let me do that tho :??: 
Im pretty sure i looked every where on the bios for it. Would there be a manual way to overclock it by switching some jumpers on the mo bo or something? Or maybe any programs that let you overclock?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 7, 2012 4:57:56 AM

im pretty sure motherboards have FSB jumpers anymore

try AMD overdrive
July 7, 2012 8:09:24 PM

just finished trying that. It said there was no compatible cpu so im guessing it wont let me. Well i dont think my board will let me overclock it. Thanks for trying to help. Il just live with the stock 2.4ghz :I
!