Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hunkey X7

Last response: in Components
Share
March 3, 2010 2:37:18 PM

Hi there,

Thinking of getting a new PSU, Huntkey X7 900w.

I did alot research about hunkey PSU and mostly about negative reviews.
Like those over there.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/668

I tried to find reviews about X7 but not much about it.
Only this.
http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/huntkey-x7-900w/5628?...


Can anyone give me some suggestion bout X7 ?


My spec for PC are
- i7 920
- Asus P6TD Deluxe
- 4gb Cosair DDR3
- 1tg, 500gb, 320gb WD HDD
- Gigabyte nvidia gts250 1gb ddr3 x2


Thanks in advance =)


More about : hunkey

March 3, 2010 3:00:20 PM

The only thing you need to know about huntkey is it is one ff the worst PSU brands you can get. I would suggest something else unless you REALLY feel the need to blow up your nice new rig.

Stick with Antec EarthWatts, Corsair, Seasonic as the first big ones to try and get.

OCZ, Cooler Master, and Rosewill to a lesser extent are also decent brands. XFX is in the middle as they have newer PSU's then most, but from everything i have read about them they seem just as good as Antec/Corsair/Seasonic.
m
0
l
March 3, 2010 3:12:24 PM

Truhls said:
The only thing you need to know about huntkey is it is one ff the worst PSU brands you can get. I would suggest something else unless you REALLY feel the need to blow up your nice new rig.

Stick with Antec EarthWatts, Corsair, Seasonic as the first big ones to try and get.

OCZ, Cooler Master, and Rosewill to a lesser extent are also decent brands. XFX is in the middle as they have newer PSU's then most, but from everything i have read about them they seem just as good as Antec/Corsair/Seasonic.



LoLz. Yeah i guess you`re right. Maybe i`ll change my mind.
What about a Gigabyte`s one ?
Dint saw anyone mention it o__o"


Thanks =)
m
0
l
Related resources
March 3, 2010 3:31:17 PM

Never seen anyone mention them either, so you should probably stay away.

And remember this, as some people just dont get it so it worth mentioning it all the time. A PSU is the most important parts of your PC. Dont skimp on it, as it will almost always come back to bite you in the ass. Sometimes a PSU Dying will and has taken out a whole rig before.
m
0
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
March 3, 2010 3:40:27 PM

straydogz said:

What about a Gigabyte`s one ?
Dint saw anyone mention it o__o"

Depends on which unit, some are FSP and others are CWT.
The CWT unit's are the better of the two.

The Huntkey you originally asked about got a pretty good review, looks like they're trying to do better.
http://www.itocp.com/htmls/47/n-647.html
m
0
l
March 3, 2010 10:38:41 PM

Truhls said:
Never seen anyone mention them either, so you should probably stay away.

And remember this, as some people just dont get it so it worth mentioning it all the time. A PSU is the most important parts of your PC. Dont skimp on it, as it will almost always come back to bite you in the ass. Sometimes a PSU Dying will and has taken out a whole rig before.



Thanks. I`ll take that in mind. =)
m
0
l
March 3, 2010 10:40:45 PM

delluser1 said:

The Huntkey you originally asked about got a pretty good review, looks like they're trying to do better.
http://www.itocp.com/htmls/47/n-647.html



Yeah the review are good but mostly ppl are concern about the brand.
And its kinda hard to make a decision about it.
m
0
l
a c 144 ) Power supply
March 4, 2010 6:26:40 AM

Looks as if the X7 has potential, but I'll stick with Corsair and Antec.
m
0
l
March 4, 2010 7:22:56 AM

it got a good review , the one you gave us a link too...its your $ . i would stick to a make that has a proven track record, pc power and cooling, , corsair , seasonic, enermax, .
there are many more others out there,,but you got to read the reviews....
m
0
l
!