Sign in with
Your question

Asus Maximus III Formula Network Adapter Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
July 16, 2010 6:09:44 PM

Hello my motherboard Asus Maximus III Formula seems to be having troubles with the on board network adapter. whenever i resume from sleep/start up the machine the adapter has to be constantly reset for about 10 minutes until it finally connects to the internet.

I don't believe its my network, i have 3 other machines on this same network and have no such troubles.

any help is appreciated.

a b V Motherboard
July 16, 2010 6:57:46 PM

Disable sleep!
July 16, 2010 7:49:16 PM

could you please be more descriptive, i think your trying to say disable sleep on the network adapter but i'm not quite sure how to do this.

could you list some steps on how to do this, thanks!
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 18, 2010 7:06:56 PM

Go into the control panel...Choose Power Options...Change System Standby to Never and also change System Hibernates to never then click on apply.
July 19, 2010 2:03:13 PM

Oh that's what u mean. i have already configured my computer that way. by the way i have solved it, but with a downside

I went to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, then i clicked properties on my network adapter, then i clicked configure and went to the advanced tab an switched the speed from 1.0Gbps Full Duplex to 10Mbps Full Duplex.

Granted now that i have a 10Mbit network speed but that's fine for my internet, i will have to change it every time i wanna do a LAN with my buddies.
!