NAS FREENAS SPEED TOO SLOW

So atlast after all the help i am able to make a 3 TB NAS server using FREENAS...it has 3 X 1.5TB hard drive with RAID 5 configuration...with ZFS on FREENAS....

I am running on 100mbps and 11g network ...my problem is my speed to transfer is 2 MB/S thats all...

i will be moving to GIGABIT network next month...would that solve the problem....i know people are getting around 90MB/S....

I am using AMD e350 CPU Dual core with 8GB RAM and SATA III hard drives....NAS is connected directly to the ROuter and wirelesssly the transmission speed from laptops are like 2MB/S,.....

ANy help greatly apprecitated...

Thanks

V
6 answers Last reply
More about freenas speed slow
  1. Quote:
    Looks like the wireless network is the bottleneck.

Thanks i will upgrade to Gigabit network with N wireless and see if there is performance difference...i expect my

Linksys 3000 router conencted to PS3 + XBOX + FReenas all connected through wire...
  2. indianguyinny24 said:
    Thanks i will upgrade to Gigabit network with N wireless and see if there is performance difference...i expect my

Linksys 3000 router conencted to PS3 + XBOX + FReenas all connected through wire...

The linksys 3000 is a notoriously crap router (I had 2 the speeds were decent, but they would lock up often and require reboots to get them going again...)... I would suggest a wndr3700 from NETGEAR
  3. slhpss said:
    The linksys 3000 is a notoriously crap router (I had 2 the speeds were decent, but they would lock up often and require reboots to get them going again...)... I would suggest a wndr3700 from NETGEAR

lets see how it works on Tomato Firmware....
  4. well I ran it with openwrt and with dd-wrt and it was still crap... so good luck
  5. slhpss said:
    well I ran it with openwrt and with dd-wrt and it was still crap... so good luck

Thanks for this..i have 60 days return policy willretunr it then
  6. fyi the wndr3700 I mentioned has gig-e, dual band (simultaneous), and it's software from factory is actually a version of open-wrt... I had put dd-wrt on it previously but flashed back as the factory software performed better, and had all the options I wanted... haven't checked it with a vanilla Open WRT or DD-WRT since then.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Hard Drives Storage