- Crucial M4 128Gb
- OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb
It is going to be for this pc :
My notebook Acer 5950G :
- Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2Ghz
- AMD Radeon HD6850M 2Gb RAM
- 8Gb RAM DDR3
- Hitachi 750Gb 5400RPM
I searched over the internet that the HM65 supports SATA 3, so maybe the last 3 ssd have the advantage of the boost, I wanted something that is fast and doesn't cause much problem.
People said that OCZ Vertex 3 is the fastest, but i dunno whether should i choose.
Please help me !! Thanks !!

My self I'd go for the M4 (Have two in my SB I5-2410m Laptop)
Orignally bought the Agillity III, Uses the same controller as the Corsair and vertex (SF22xx) - Would not install - compatability issue.

1) Ignore Sequencial Benchmarks for an OS + Program SSD - It is the LEAST important matrix. - It's is the Random 4 k performance that is important.

2) Outside of boot time (Small difference between them) there is almost NO performance difference between them after system is on and you are runing a program - Look at compatability/reliability to determine choice. For the SATA III, Intel 510 and the M4 have a good track record. Samsung recently released the 830 which should also prove to be a good option in terms of reliability. The Samsung 470 (SATA II) comes very close to the Intel 320 and older G2 in terms of reliability and compatability.

3) Looking at benchmarks - look at PCMark vantage (closer to real world), and/or AS SSD. Unlike many of the benchmarks AS SSD uses compressed data, again closer to real world. The SATA III SSDs using the SF22xx controller shine when looking at Sequencial benchmarks usinf Data that is highly compressable - ONLY import if using drive as a storage drive (NOT a OS drive) and working with Large files that are readily compressable.

A review of Samsung 830: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4863/the-samsung-ssd-830-review/8

blokenkraut

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

Howdy Chief,

I've got a follow-on question to your M4 recommendation.

I'm building my first computer. I've settled on the Asus Z68 Deluxe MB and an Intel 2600K. Gaming is not an issue. Future-proofing and working with Photoshop/video is.

In your response to blizzard_307 you recommended the M4. However, the Intel 510 was not among those he is considering.

Based on what I've read on Tom's Hardware, paying particular attention to your comments, and several other websites I think I should go with either the M4 or Intel's 510. As we both know there is a remarkable price difference between the two.

Would you offer your thoughts on the best choice. Respectfully, John, also a retired Chief...

Not a lot of difference in performance between the two. The Intel 510 has the edge in terms of reliability. But on that same not I've not had a single problem with the two M4s I have in my SM Laptop.
To ad a little spice, the Samsung 830 soulds like it would be a good choice also - That's what I'm planning on my next buy. Seams that the reliability of the samsung's comes close to Intels.

Bottom line - Kind of a toss up, so I'd use price as a factor between thess three.