Tson777

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hello,

I just installed a Corsair Force GT 120GB. Running Windows 7 64bit, the SSD is plugged into SATA6G_E1 and the HDD that held the previous OS is in SATA6G_E2. My system specs are below;

CPU: i7 2600k, not overclocked
Mobo: ASUS P8P67 PRO
GPU: GTX 560 ti
RAM: 8gig Corsair Vengence 1600
SSD: Corsair Force GT 120
HDD: WD Caviar black 1TB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w

My question is this; Ever since I installed the SSD (last night) when I power on the computer it turns on for 2 seconds, then powers off for 2 seconds, then back on and boots normally. Also, when I try and bring it out of sleep mode the monitors don't turn on and the keyboard/mouse lights don't turn on. Aside from the double boot, and the sleep mode issue, it runs great.

Anyone have any idea of what is going on here?

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
take out the HDD and see if it will still boot.

if you had both drives installed at the time you installed the OS on the SSD, there may be some files required for booting on the older HDD (windows messes it up for some reason)

if it does not boot, you will just need to reinstall windows on the SSD (a whole 7-10 mins of your time) to get on the files on there properly.

then just make sure your BIOS is setup proper to boot off of it primary -- update BIOS too if not already done

cirdecus

Distinguished
I'd be willing to bet that it's a power supply problem or a BIOS problem.

1) Try resetting your BIOS back to its default specs (regardless if you have made changes or not).

2) If that doesn't work, download the latest firmware and update the BIOS.

3) Finally, if that doesn't work, I would test a different power supply or send your PS back for a replacement.

Tson777

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
So, to get the correct BIOS update from ASUS it has;

P8P67 PRO
P8P67 PRO (rev. 3.1)

My mobo box says P8P67 PRO B3 Revision 3.0

Which one do I choose? I don't want to screw it up and pick the wrong one.

Thanks!

Tson777

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

I tried resetting my BIOS and it still has the same double boot issue.

The red light comes on for DRAM_LED first, then CPU_LED, then VGA_LED, then it powers off, restarts, then BOOT DEVICE_LED goes red for a couple seconds, then off, and boots normally, and the computer works fine. Green light on the mobo and no red. I don't know if the red light on then off thing is how it normally boots as I don't recall what it did when I booted off my HDD.

I will try updating BIOS now.

armand_h

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
it seams that your rams are not compatible with your mobo!
first thing to do is :update your bios! if you still have problem then:

there is a button beside rams (Mem OK!), while your pc is off push and hold that button for 5sec and after that turn on your PC!

if it doesn't work then turn off PC , unplug the power for about 30 seconds to stop the MemOK testing cycle, replace the modules on black slots, plug the cable, hold the button again , turn it on ,
if still have a problem replace the modules on blue slots and repeat the cycle!