First time PC building Issue.

kallivis

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
I recent ordered many computer parts, and used a few parts out of my 2ish year old Dell Desktop to build my own computer, and have run into alittle issue. Note this is my first time putting together my own PC. So I put everything together, and turned it on, everything seems to turn on and run, there's video, I can enter the bios, etc, I even was able to setup a raid 0 configuration. Problem is when I boot from CD drive to install my OS, (brand new OEM window's 7 ultimate), it would get to the windows logo and restart, load to the windows logo again and restart and repeat this process, untill eventually it will just freeze on the first screen on the bios, or there was 2 occasions where it actually went through the window's logo and i was actually able to start installing but it freezes near the end. I'm not sure where to go from here, or what the issue might be, the only thing I can think of is a problem with Window's 7 Disc, also if you look at the bottom, the "burn" imprint which usually is a perfect circle on discs, is all awkwardly shapped, which I'm assuming isn't normal.

Below is the parts I used.
New parts:
-2x (CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB)240-Pin DDR31600 (PC3 12800) Triple ChannelKit)
- Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield 3.33GHz
- EVGA E758-A1 Motherboard
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (OEM)
- Corsair H50 cooling system
- Antec Twelve Hundred Case
- IC7 Thermal Paste
Parts from old Dell desktop:
- Phillips Blu-Ray burn/reader
- Media Card Reader
- Creative Labs Sound Card
- 2x (Western Digital Raptor Harddrives 10,000rpm)
- Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB hardrive
- Dual Nvidia 8800 Ultras

If anyone can assist in how I can fix this it would be greatly appreciated.