Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What I find odd about University

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 8:08:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Is it just my game or, when your sim is in a dorm how come only /they/ can
answer the phone or the door? The phone is on the table in the hallway -
unless my sim answers it, it goes unanswered. Same with the door. It's as
though Maxis treated the dorm in the same way as a house - you own it, and
the NPCs are just 'visitors' (mind you, having said that, when I was playing
vanilla Sims, I had several occasions where a visitor would answer the
phone/door).

Or is it just my game...?

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

More about : find odd university

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 7:42:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <noone@here.com> wrote in message
news:Xmt_d.14$Vl1.7@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
> Is it just my game or, when your sim is in a dorm how come only /they/ can
> answer the phone or the door? The phone is on the table in the hallway -
> unless my sim answers it, it goes unanswered. Same with the door. It's as
> though Maxis treated the dorm in the same way as a house - you own it, and
> the NPCs are just 'visitors' (mind you, having said that, when I was
playing
> vanilla Sims, I had several occasions where a visitor would answer the
> phone/door).
>
> Or is it just my game...?

Presumably the NPC sims have caller id, and know no one is calling them. Or
for them.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 12:25:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:08:01 -0000, Miss Perspicacia Tick <noone@here.com>
wrote:

> Is it just my game or, when your sim is in a dorm how come only /they/
> can
> answer the phone or the door? The phone is on the table in the hallway -
> unless my sim answers it, it goes unanswered. Same with the door. It's as
> though Maxis treated the dorm in the same way as a house - you own it,
> and
> the NPCs are just 'visitors' (mind you, having said that, when I was
> playing
> vanilla Sims, I had several occasions where a visitor would answer the
> phone/door).
>
> Or is it just my game...?

It's not just you. Perhaps the other students are really lazy. Or they
know that if anyone called for them, they'd use their cell phone. ^_^ I
love the cell phones! My latest house has no wall phones whatsoever.
-Still doesn't explain why they don't answer the door bell though.

--
"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
good sign." -G
Related resources
March 23, 2005 10:21:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I've removed the house phones too and just give all my sims cell phones.
The ringing isn't any better though! lol

I might just give one sim a cell and let the others go without phones. Those
friendship reminder messages are horrible, "I haven't heard from you in a
while so I thought I'd give you a call."

Nicole

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psnuodan0b52ai9@news.online.no...
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:08:01 -0000, Miss Perspicacia Tick <noone@here.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is it just my game or, when your sim is in a dorm how come only /they/
> > can
> > answer the phone or the door? The phone is on the table in the hallway -
> > unless my sim answers it, it goes unanswered. Same with the door. It's
as
> > though Maxis treated the dorm in the same way as a house - you own it,
> > and
> > the NPCs are just 'visitors' (mind you, having said that, when I was
> > playing
> > vanilla Sims, I had several occasions where a visitor would answer the
> > phone/door).
> >
> > Or is it just my game...?
>
> It's not just you. Perhaps the other students are really lazy. Or they
> know that if anyone called for them, they'd use their cell phone. ^_^ I
> love the cell phones! My latest house has no wall phones whatsoever.
> -Still doesn't explain why they don't answer the door bell though.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G
>
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 2:10:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:21:49 GMT, Nicole posted to alt.games.the-sims-2:

> I've removed the house phones too and just give all my sims cell phones.

Isn't there a bug that corrupt's your lot if saved while a sim is on a
cellphone?

--
No two people are not on fire.
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 2:10:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:21:49 GMT, Nicole <nicole@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I've removed the house phones too and just give all my sims cell phones.
> The ringing isn't any better though! lol
>
> I might just give one sim a cell and let the others go without phones.
> Those
> friendship reminder messages are horrible, "I haven't heard from you in a
> while so I thought I'd give you a call."

If you have one sim in the household do all the friends-making, it makes
perfect sense to only give him or her a cell phone. Although I wonder what
happens if they take a day off from work and can't get the phone about
having used a vacation day. ^_^

Incidentally, I found in another family that you cannot call out with your
cell phone while someone is on the wall phone, but you can get incoming
calls on the wall phone while you are on the cell phone - to the same
sim! You can now have a line of incoming calls ... yay! ^_~


--
"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
good sign." -G
!