USB Port trouble

September 27, 2004 5:23:03 PM

I have a client with a new machine with a P4 3.2 and
supporting motherboard, ATI RADEON 9600 XT video card and
various other bits and bobs. It is running a XP home
installatin with Service Pack 1. An external modem has
been attached via a usb port. When the modem is not
attached and the computer is started up, no problem once
connecting the modem and all work well. However, when
the computer is restarted with the modem attached, the
modem cannot function. Having gone to the diagnostic
section of the modem property window reports the USB port
cannot be used as it is locked/in use by another program.

Unplug the modem and reboot, plug in again and all works
just fine.

Has anyone got any help on this?

Regards
Carlos MArquez

More about : usb port trouble

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 12:44:30 PM

This sounds like an issue specific to the modem; do your other USB devices
function without trouble?

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

!