Sign in with
Your question

Cheap Gaming Build (Around $500)

Last response: in Systems
December 26, 2009 5:10:36 PM

Hey guys,

It's been a long, long time since I built a PC from scratch, going on 6 years ago at this point, so I'm a bit rusty. My current home PC is seriously on it's way out and it's way overdue to build a new machine.

I'm trying to build a budget system for around or under $500 USD. I was originally going to build this PC as a friend of mine did, following this guide a few months back. He uses this machine all the time and is quite satisfied with it for gaming, browsing and downloading.

Unfortunately some of the items are out of stock, or the prices have jumped quite a bit, not to mention the graphic card is pretty hard to find now, so I was wondering if you guys could lend me a hand. :) 

I want to the PC to be strong enough for gaming, but I also want to use it for downloads and other practical uses as well. To give you an idea of what gaming I'm expecting to do, I'm really looking forward to Playing Star Trek Online in a few months, and a few other FPS titles such as Call of Duty.

Here's what I don't need:
Monitor
Speakers
Keyboard
Mouse
OS

Website Preferred: Newegg

I technically don't need a hard drive either, as I have a 120GB and a 250GB that I can still use, but I'll probably end up picking up a 1TB drive for storage.

I also want to have two CD/DVD bays (1 reader & 1 writer), one of which I could cannibalize from my current PC. My other DVDRW is also on its way out, but I know I could replace that for around 30 bucks, so you don't have to factor in the HD or DVDRW in the price.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

More about : cheap gaming build 500

December 29, 2009 1:41:08 AM
!