Sign in with
Your question

Push/Pull for IntelThermal Solution RTS2011LC

Last response: in Overclocking
July 7, 2012 6:47:27 PM

Just purchased a IntelThermal Solution RTS2011LC liquid cooler for my I5 3570K and was wondering if a push/pull configuration on the radiator would be more effective if I mounted it so as to push outside cooler air in through the radiator and pull the warmer air into the case (kinda like a car). Now I know that this may sound crazy but I have a HAF 922 case which has a 200mm top mounted fan pulling air out of the case and a 200mm front intake fan with a 120mm bottom fan blowing air up into the case. Now, with the addition of the Intel cooler I was hoping the heat being passed into the case at the top where the RTS2011LC would be mounted would be sucked right up and out through the top 200mm fan. If any one has a better idea or some great pics I could use for reference please let me know. Thanks!

KTV Striker

SPECS:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
XFX 7850 2GB
G-Skill 8GB DDR 1600
Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
PRO 850W XFX Core Edition PowerSupply
HAF 922 Case
a b K Overclocking
July 7, 2012 7:33:14 PM

A lot of people put their radiators on intake fans to bring cool ambient air in to cool the CPU quicker. The downside is the rest of your components are using hot air to cool themselves. (remember to create an exhaust somewhere if you do this.)

In regards to Push/pull - Your temperatures will decrease but not drastically unless your OCing.
m
l
July 7, 2012 8:21:19 PM

Skaz,

Thanks for the quick reply, will do.

KTV Striker
m
l
!