Dell inspiron 1545 laptop

G

i have a dell inspiron 1545, it powers on but nothing comes on screen, but defo, not screen what else could it be, thank you

rmac1961

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
i have a dell inspiron 1545, it powers on but nothing comes on screen, but defo, not screen what else could it be, thank you
my daughter's dell 1545 screen had a line through the screen with no visible crack to the screen or case. The rest was gray. I called Dell. They said that if I sent it to the depot they would fix it but charge me for it stating abuse or accident ($300.00) and basically hold it for ransom until I paid. Since I had ten days left on my warranty I paid for an extension (119) and now they are sending a service rep to fix it and replace the motherboard for free. I looked on line about motherboard defects and I noticed that on some models it states that if you squeeze the laptop too hard in a certain corner (top left hand) that it will break the solder of the chip and cause a shutdown. Maybe that is your problem. I hope you have some warranty left...perhaps you can get the same deal I did.