Sign in with
Your question

Overclock i5 2500k. scared....

Last response: in Overclocking
July 8, 2012 12:28:38 AM

I have a i5 2500k with hyper 212 fan in a Asrock Z77 extreme 4 mobo..

I want to overclock it to at least 4.2 . never want to pass 4.5

Im scared to death in doing this... lol i dont know.. Can someone help me that shows as simple as possible?

I really want to OC this. I plan to streaming as well thats why.

More about : overclock 2500k scared

a c 994 à CPUs
a c 391 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 1:28:22 AM

To succeed you have to try!!!!!!Don't be scared,enjoy the freedom.
m
l
Related resources
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 239 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 1:39:38 PM

noobnasty said:
I have a i5 2500k with hyper 212 fan in a Asrock Z77 extreme 4 mobo..

I want to overclock it to at least 4.2 . never want to pass 4.5

Im scared to death in doing this... lol i dont know.. Can someone help me that shows as simple as possible?

I really want to OC this. I plan to streaming as well thats why.

The unknown is always scary!

You ease the scary by learning how to do what you want to, that's what the guides are for, to explain to you how to do it.

Before you do it study different guides designed for the platform you desire to overclock, to become familiar with the BIOS terminology, so you can understand how to maneuver inside your BIOS.

Learn what settings to adjust in the BIOS to gain the overclock you want, learn how to save and exit the BIOS, and then learn how to test the new BIOS settings for stability.

You have plenty of time to do your overclocking, you are not rushed into anything!

So take that time to learn what you are doing first and you won't have to be scared, because you'll learn the limits of your hardware and know what you can do and what not to do.

Once you begin your learning process it will be easier to help you if you have a specific question about something you don't understand.

So study the guides, and begin to learn how to overclock to remove the scary. Ryan
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 4:54:24 PM

i recommend youtube watch as many clips as u can thats how i learnt just pick at the clips and try it out for ya self
m
l
a c 994 à CPUs
a c 391 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 7:45:59 PM

4Ryan6 has an A+ game when it comes to overclocking and has written many useful guides in the forum.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 239 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 7:56:37 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
4Ryan6 has an A+ game when it comes to overclocking and has written many useful guides in the forum.

Thank You Brian for your kind words!

I appreciate that! Ry
m
l
July 9, 2012 5:04:25 AM

4Ryan6 said:
The unknown is always scary!

You ease the scary by learning how to do what you want to, that's what the guides are for, to explain to you how to do it.

Before you do it study different guides designed for the platform you desire to overclock, to become familiar with the BIOS terminology, so you can understand how to maneuver inside your BIOS.

Learn what settings to adjust in the BIOS to gain the overclock you want, learn how to save and exit the BIOS, and then learn how to test the new BIOS settings for stability.

You have plenty of time to do your overclocking, you are not rushed into anything!

So take that time to learn what you are doing first and you won't have to be scared, because you'll learn the limits of your hardware and know what you can do and what not to do.

Once you begin your learning process it will be easier to help you if you have a specific question about something you don't understand.

So study the guides, and begin to learn how to overclock to remove the scary. Ryan

Thanks ryan for the encouragement !!! I mean ive watch plenty of videos of how to overclock. But my main concern really is the other options. I know how to let set the multiplier to like 43 if i want 4.3 GHz and just those volts i have no knowledge about. dont get me wrong i love learning but its just this thing that bothers me a lot lol
m
l
July 9, 2012 5:12:41 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
To succeed you have to try!!!!!!Don't be scared,enjoy the freedom.

#yolo
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 9, 2012 5:15:02 AM

evan1715 said:
#yolo

You didn't just say that, did you? :sarcastic:  :pfff:  :lol: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 9, 2012 5:45:28 AM

+1 to Ryan! He's got your back =)
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 239 K Overclocking
July 9, 2012 9:23:39 AM

noobnasty said:
Thanks ryan for the encouragement !!! I mean ive watch plenty of videos of how to overclock. But my main concern really is the other options. I know how to let set the multiplier to like 43 if i want 4.3 GHz and just those volts i have no knowledge about. dont get me wrong i love learning but its just this thing that bothers me a lot lol

You should be able to run up to 4.0ghz and possibly beyond on auto voltage, I'm not sure how far past the 40X multiplier you'll be able to use auto voltage, but maybe 43X will run on auto, you'll just have to try it out to find out.

If 43X will not run on Auto a manual voltage at 1.265v should run it, however all hardware is different and each 2500K will run certain multiplier levels at certain voltages, that's why you need to study the guides because your 2500K may run 43X at 1.265v or it may need more or less voltage to stabilize at 43X.

There are different overclocking routes available to you with the 2500K, that's why it is so popular because it is so versatile in it's overclocking possibilities, the overclocking route you choose determines whether your manual voltage setting is fixed or offset, the route I use which is laid out completely in my guide uses fixed voltage settings.

I would suggest until you learn more about overclocking to use the highest multiplier the 2500K and your Asrock motherboard will allow you to run on auto voltage, using 43X as the limit, or you could be running unstable and not know it until you have an unexplained crash.

m
l
!