Biostar tz77xe3
Windows 7 home premium on Intel 120 and 180 gb ssd in raid0
Intel core i5 3570k @4.4 with H100 with 4 fan push/pull
Evga GTX 670 x2 @ 1035 core base clock 3006 mhz memory clock
G skill 16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz
Corsair tx750w

Plays battlefield 3 at max settings 1920x1200 100 fps
Nexuiz stays at flat 60 with v sync on during benchmarks test
Maybe will be able to play crysis 3? What you think?

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

In terms of pure hardware capability the computer is a decent build. However, no computer is "future proof" but this build would probably last you two to four years depending on how taxing future games are and which games you do play in the future (some games are inherently less taxing on computer systems than others designed to max out hardware).

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

One opinion was given about the brand of motherboard, not about the build (the brand isn't even bad, they just have good and bad products to cater to the low and high end). The comment was completely useless to what the OP is asking.

I think I stated that 1 opinion was given on hardware in the build. It wasnt what he wanted to hear, it is however a good opinion. Not sure why its bad that hes trying to save him some grief. Biostar is not a very good motherboard maker. I wouldnt ever use em. If you do, more power to ya.

s3anister is right, there's no such thing as "futureproofing" when it comes to computer hardware, however that system should last you for 4 or 5 years. By that time, it'll be getting a bit a little long in the tooth, though. Even at that, you may need to upgrade GPU's at some point to keep up with the games of that time.

The CPU will be fine though, if for no other reason than because you can OC it.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

I'm not sure where you get your information from because it is proven that Biostar has made some excellent value motherboards, but yes in general they are a lesser quality brand because they make their product cheaper by sacrificing quality. That, however, does not mean that none of their boards are good.

The newer consoles, when they're released will change ALL of that. Games will run just fine on SLI 670's for a while, but when programmers really figure out how to get the most out of the new hardware, it'll be a different game (pun intended, lol).

No but it means that the vast majority of their motherboards are not very good. I get tons of "zomgmycomputarwuntstartwtfiswrong!!!?!?!" posts every week and a good chunk of the time it's a crummy motherboard at fault and a good chunk of the time that crummy motherboard is manufactured by biostar.

TBH, i don't see a lot of biostar threads, since the # of people who use them are smaller, a smaller amount of threads pop up. For the past few months, i've seen more asus problems than I do biostar ones.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

Very true. As for individual motherboards, it'd be nice if the end user did some research and bought a well reviewed motherboard (even if it's low end) instead of just buying the cheapest thing from the cheapest vendor.

1depp1

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

thumbs up! no pc is future proof... cpus, gpus, hdds, and etc, are made better by the years...even months!

the only futureproof is 2:
1. Full Tower Case
2. Corsair 1200w psu...