Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this computer future proof??

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
July 8, 2012 2:33:35 AM

My system:
2433bw syncmaster 24" 1920x1200 native
Biostar tz77xe3
Windows 7 home premium on Intel 120 and 180 gb ssd in raid0
Intel core i5 3570k @4.4 with H100 with 4 fan push/pull
Evga GTX 670 x2 @ 1035 core base clock 3006 mhz memory clock
G skill 16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz
Corsair tx750w

Plays battlefield 3 at max settings 1920x1200 100 fps
Nexuiz stays at flat 60 with v sync on during benchmarks test
Maybe will be able to play crysis 3? What you think?

More about : computer future proof

July 8, 2012 2:33:59 AM

I'm 18 and wanna make sure it lasts through college
m
0
l
a c 115 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 2:45:05 AM

Good god, a Biostar motherboard? Replace that with a good Asus board
m
0
l
Related resources
July 8, 2012 2:51:46 AM

Yo look at it before you say anything man because this thing is nice I just switched from an asus and this is just as nice.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 2:59:14 AM

So you ask for opinions, one is given and you dispute it? Good luck getting more help.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 8, 2012 3:00:30 AM

xboxbenny said:
My system:
2433bw syncmaster 24" 1920x1200 native
Biostar tz77xe3
Windows 7 home premium on Intel 120 and 180 gb ssd in raid0
Intel core i5 3570k @4.4 with H100 with 4 fan push/pull
Evga GTX 670 x2 @ 1035 core base clock 3006 mhz memory clock
G skill 16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz
Corsair tz77xe3

Plays battlefield 3 at max settings 1920x1200 100 fps
Nexuiz stays at flat 60 with v sync on during benchmarks test
Maybe will be able to play crysis 3? What you think?

In terms of pure hardware capability the computer is a decent build. However, no computer is "future proof" but this build would probably last you two to four years depending on how taxing future games are and which games you do play in the future (some games are inherently less taxing on computer systems than others designed to max out hardware).
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 8, 2012 3:02:24 AM

vrumor said:
So you ask for opinions, one is given and you dispute it? Good luck getting more help.

One opinion was given about the brand of motherboard, not about the build (the brand isn't even bad, they just have good and bad products to cater to the low and high end). The comment was completely useless to what the OP is asking.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:10:08 AM

I think I stated that 1 opinion was given on hardware in the build. It wasnt what he wanted to hear, it is however a good opinion. Not sure why its bad that hes trying to save him some grief. Biostar is not a very good motherboard maker. I wouldnt ever use em. If you do, more power to ya.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:16:06 AM

s3anister is right, there's no such thing as "futureproofing" when it comes to computer hardware, however that system should last you for 4 or 5 years. By that time, it'll be getting a bit a little long in the tooth, though. Even at that, you may need to upgrade GPU's at some point to keep up with the games of that time.

The CPU will be fine though, if for no other reason than because you can OC it.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:25:55 AM

Yeah no such thing as future proofing but hes wanting it to last thru college, if hes doin a 4 yr degree it should, should, last 4 years or so with a tweak here or there in a few years.
m
0
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:29:11 AM

As long as the Console market keeps on utilizing low end gpus to lower the cost of the system overall, its not likely you wil ever need to upgrade gpus. in general, consoles will use low end last gen gpus from its release.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 8, 2012 3:31:53 AM

vrumor said:
I think I stated that 1 opinion was given on hardware in the build. It wasnt what he wanted to hear, it is however a good opinion. Not sure why its bad that hes trying to save him some grief. Biostar is not a very good motherboard maker. I wouldnt ever use em. If you do, more power to ya.

I'm not sure where you get your information from because it is proven that Biostar has made some excellent value motherboards, but yes in general they are a lesser quality brand because they make their product cheaper by sacrificing quality. That, however, does not mean that none of their boards are good.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:32:33 AM

dudewitbow said:
As long as the Console market keeps on utilizing low end gpus to lower the cost of the system overall, its not likely you wil ever need to upgrade gpus. in general, consoles will use low end last gen gpus from its release.


The newer consoles, when they're released will change ALL of that. Games will run just fine on SLI 670's for a while, but when programmers really figure out how to get the most out of the new hardware, it'll be a different game (pun intended, lol).
m
0
l
a c 115 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:41:45 AM

s3anister said:
I'm not sure where you get your information from because it is proven that Biostar has made some excellent value motherboards, but yes in general they are a lesser quality brand because they make their product cheaper by sacrificing quality. That, however, does not mean that none of their boards are good.


No but it means that the vast majority of their motherboards are not very good. I get tons of "zomgmycomputarwuntstartwtfiswrong!!!?!?!" posts every week and a good chunk of the time it's a crummy motherboard at fault and a good chunk of the time that crummy motherboard is manufactured by biostar.
m
0
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:45:06 AM

Pinhedd said:
No but it means that the vast majority of their motherboards are not very good. I get tons of "zomgmycomputarwuntstartwtfiswrong!!!?!?!" posts every week and a good chunk of the time it's a crummy motherboard at fault and a good chunk of the time that crummy motherboard is manufactured by biostar.


TBH, i don't see a lot of biostar threads, since the # of people who use them are smaller, a smaller amount of threads pop up. For the past few months, i've seen more asus problems than I do biostar ones.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:47:18 AM

dudewitbow said:
TBH, i don't see a lot of biostar threads, since the # of people who use them are smaller, a smaller amount of threads pop up. For the past few months, i've seen more asus problems than I do biostar ones.


And more ASRock, than Asus...
m
0
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:48:49 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
And more ASRock, than Asus...



which links back to the idea that those threads happen due to the larger # of people buying them, which statistically makes sense.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 3:49:51 AM

dudewitbow said:
which links back to the idea that those threads happen due to the larger # of people buying them, which statistically makes sense.


Exactly.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 8, 2012 4:42:44 AM

dudewitbow said:
which links back to the idea that those threads happen due to the larger # of people buying them, which statistically makes sense.

Very true. As for individual motherboards, it'd be nice if the end user did some research and bought a well reviewed motherboard (even if it's low end) instead of just buying the cheapest thing from the cheapest vendor.
m
0
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 4:48:03 AM

Biostar is more OEM than any of the other two companies.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 4:53:19 AM

Change your board to a ASRock z77 extreme4
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 8, 2012 10:16:07 AM

Ive had 2 Biostar mobos fail on me in builds ive done for friends, or customers. So speaking from personal experience, id never use one again if it were up to me :) 
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 3:19:21 PM

s3anister said:
In terms of pure hardware capability the computer is a decent build. However, no computer is "future proof" but this build would probably last you two to four years depending on how taxing future games are and which games you do play in the future (some games are inherently less taxing on computer systems than others designed to max out hardware).


thumbs up! no pc is future proof... cpus, gpus, hdds, and etc, are made better by the years...even months!

the only futureproof is 2:
1. Full Tower Case
2. Corsair 1200w psu...
m
0
l
!